Alberta and BC fires

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Dan Z
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Re: Alberta and BC fires

Post by Dan Z »

Oh- and I heard that the Hurricanes are because God is upset with America, because President Trump's son went to negotiate land for the Palestinians! (so glad we left the Charismatic/Pentecostal movement)
I'm glad you left as well.

The damage done to the cause of Christ by "Biblical prophecy" hacks assigning God motives for every geopolitical event...and putting words in YAHWEH's mouth...is shameful.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

wondering how lester+family are doing .. no news might not be good news in this case.
also wondering about Wade+family, now out of forum reach, somewhere in Western Canada.

most recent news, several hours old:
http://globalnews.ca/news/3739805/water ... s-pour-in/
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

temporal1 wrote:wondering how lester+family are doing .. no news might not be good news in this case.
also wondering about Wade+family, now out of forum reach, somewhere in Western Canada.

most recent news, several hours old:
http://globalnews.ca/news/3739805/water ... s-pour-in/
We're fine. My son in law and daughter managed to get their cattle out. We had a little bit of rain overnight - maybe an 1/8 of an inch? But it's very cool today. Went down to 5 deg C last night. At lunch time it was around 12 deg. Considering that last week it was in the 30's, this is quite a change.

We had hoped for more rain, so that they could get the fires under control. Doesn't sound like they managed that, but they were able to divert the fires around most of the town site in the park. Nine water bombers and 14 helicopters were working there, because the terrain was too rough to get in with more conventional equipment.

I haven't heard from Wade for quite a while. You can still email him from the email facility on MennoNet, I think.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

relieved to know you're all ok so far.
continuing prayers for rain, for all the wildfire areas.

it's impossible for me to fathom the extent, even one area is hard to grasp. i see bits+pieces of reports .. and, smoke in the skies. hopefully, no closer than that. in the past, we came close to a few different burns, enough to see how quickly they can change+grow, and, how scary smoke can be when driving.

smoke, fog, dust storms, blizzards, i don't like driving in low visibility! there have been awful chain-reaction collisions due to low or no visibility.

it's continued to be dry here.
this trip has felt more like a visit to southern california's deserts than the lush northwest.
i suppose there will be flooding and mud slides once rain returns. unless it will come gently enough to avoid it. the ground here is usually annoyingly saturated with rain, spongey, with lush green grass. this is different.

when they first moved here, i told my daughter, the ground is so soft+squishy, they need not worry about falling out a window! not true this summer.

i sent a short email to Wade. wonder if he'll get it?!
hope their move went well, and they are out of harm's way with those fires.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

we had a little rain today ..
i don't see any news about Canada's fires/rain? .. (for a couple of days.)
0 x

UNKNOWN
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Lester, I'm glad your son-in-law and daughter were able to save their cattle and they're both safe. Am continuing in prayer for extinction of the fires.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God