Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Today ...

Post by Robert »

Today is the repair, Saturday, I got the Cub Cadet Zero Turn that my son thinks is his. I hauled brush and mowed the back yard after clearing a lot of old brush. I was just about finished and the drive belt came off. I pushed it to the concrete pad so I could put the belt back on the next day since I was quite tired and had no desire to crawl underneath it. Well, it rained all Sunday. I had to pull off the grill cover to cover the zero turn after it rained on it most the night. My son then informed me that it has two flat tires in the back. Front tires are solid. So I am not sure he is going to LET me use it again. I always complain that I have to fix their messes. Seems I made quite a big one myself. I will not be surprised if he pulls the key and hides it from me.
1 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Robert wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:49 am Today is the repair, Saturday, I got the Cub Cadet Zero Turn that my son thinks is his. I hauled brush and mowed the back yard after clearing a lot of old brush. I was just about finished and the drive belt came off. I pushed it to the concrete pad so I could put the belt back on the next day since I was quite tired and had no desire to crawl underneath it. Well, it rained all Sunday. I had to pull off the grill cover to cover the zero turn after it rained on it most the night. My son then informed me that it has two flat tires in the back. Front tires are solid. So I am not sure he is going to LET me use it again. I always complain that I have to fix their messes. Seems I made quite a big one myself. I will not be surprised if he pulls the key and hides it from me.
my son is getting kinda bossy with me. in a good way, probably.
he refused to let me buy a chain saw.

he’s pretty quiet. so, when he speaks up, it’s noticed.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

temporal1 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:08 pm my son is getting kinda bossy with me. in a good way, probably.
he refused to let me buy a chain saw.

he’s pretty quiet. so, when he speaks up, it’s noticed.
Didn’t you say something about almost falling over when you stand up? I don’t think chainsaw good idea for you :laugh
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Today .. i’m wondering what my upcoming week will be? i hope to channel my inner Robert. :wave:
i’ve got a new drip under my kitchen sink.

“jm’s experiment”
viewtopic.php?t=5686
0 x

UNKNOWN
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

temporal1 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:48 pm Today .. i’m wondering what my upcoming week will be? i hope to channel my inner Robert. :wave:

“jm’s experiment”
viewtopic.php?t=5686
Are you feeling anxious?
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Szdfan wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 4:49 pm
temporal1 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:48 pm Today .. i’m wondering what my upcoming week will be? i hope to channel my inner Robert. :wave:

“jm’s experiment”
viewtopic.php?t=5686
Are you feeling anxious?
only mostly that the drip might be a symptom of something awful. like a pipe that froze over our relatively mild winter? the plumbing is on an outside wall.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Szdfan

Post by Szdfan »

temporal1 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:19 pm
Szdfan wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 4:49 pm

“jm’s experiment”
viewtopic.php?t=5686
Are you feeling anxious?
only mostly that the drip might be a symptom of something awful. like a pipe that froze over our relatively mild winter? the plumbing is on an outside wall.
I was wondering about the experiment. I hope it's not a serious plumbing issue.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Szdfan wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:28 pm
temporal1 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:19 pm
Szdfan wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 4:49 pm Are you feeling anxious?
i’ve had enough breaks of different types and lengths of time over the years that i have confidence, God willing, life will go on. :wave: Recall General Error? And Robert’s 40 Day Politics sabbatical? Some family visits/months. Some intentional breaks.
i’m sad. i wouldn’t be surprised to find it a blessing. because that’s often how life works.

It’s interesting to read others’ thoughts on the experiment.
One thing about this forum: Opinions! Lots of opinions.
1 x

UNKNOWN
Szdfan

Post by Szdfan »

temporal1 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:35 pm
Szdfan wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:28 pm
temporal1 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:19 pm only mostly that the drip might be a symptom of something awful. like a pipe that froze over our relatively mild winter? the plumbing is on an outside wall.
i’ve had enough breaks of different types and lengths of time over the years that i have confidence, God willing, life will go on. :wave: Recall General Error? And Robert’s 40 Day Politics sabbatical? Some family visits/months. Some intentional breaks.
i’m sad. i wouldn’t be surprised to find it a blessing. because that’s often how life works.

I think I'd be more interested if I was also getting $$$$. :laugh
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Szdfan wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:01 pm
temporal1 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:35 pm
Szdfan wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:28 pm I was wondering about the experiment. I hope it's not a serious plumbing issue.

I think I'd be more interested if I was also getting $$$$. :laugh
in one MD “contest” (i don’t recall topic) i won a pair of beautifully hand embroidered pillowcases. :dance:
that was special. it never fails to make me smile.

there were lots of challenges - you remember?! esp on Fri+Sat evenings. very lively reading.
1 x

UNKNOWN