Is Trump getting arrested on Tuesday?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: Is Trump getting arrested on Tuesday?

Post by ohio jones »

temporal1 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:42 pm i wondered if the pilot risked getting a speeding ticket? lead foot? :P
Wow! He did crank it up to 650+ mph for about an hour, with a high of 682 mph :shock: for a brief moment over Ft. Garland, CO. That is just a bit faster than Boeing's "typical cruise speed" of 522 mph. Must have had a serious tailwind. Taxi time to takeoff was 16 minutes compared to a scheduled 10 minutes, so that's not the reason I initially assumed.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

temporal1 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:06 pm
temporal1 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:26 am
Szdfan wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:18 am Temp, if it makes you feel any better, the amount of Trump supporters who showed up to protest have been minimal so far.

That’s a good one. “More reporters than” .. tells the tale. :dance:
Now to keep it thataway!
i traveled without a whiff of incident on Wednesday and Thursday. SEA-LAX-IND
in my family talks and others i met, no one knew of any of this going on.

we arrived 45min early in Indianapolis! i’ve had some early arrivals, but 45min was a wow!

many thanks for moral support. :wave:
Thank the Lord for no travel problems, seems like one has to count on them these days- if things go smooth, Praise the Lord. If things don't, praise the Lord anyways!

The Trump threat of arrest was all over social media. Many of his supporters decided the best thing to do rather than protest was to pray for him. It seems his supporters after January 6th have an expectation of things purposely going bad, kind of a setup situation. He did have a trump rally today and apparently it was a great turnout for it. People seem in a quandry- they would like him to have the opportunity to finish what he started while in office, at the same time realizing the left will be relentless to take him down so trying to weigh in on all of that to determine where to show their support. I don't think he has list his supporters over this recent attempt but by and large the Republicans are really torn about who to support. They "still" feel he 8s the best man for the job-(even people like my Democrat Dad who voted for Hillary was so impressed with what he got accomplished he became a Trump supporter like many) yet the hatred for him as he got in the way of the globalist agenda, will not go away. But the same will also be true for anyone else. I remember what George W.Bush went through- what Supreme Court appointee at the time, Judge Kavanaugh went through. The hatred towards pro-life supporters is relentless.
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

ohio jones wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:45 pm
temporal1 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:42 pm i wondered if the pilot risked getting a speeding ticket? lead foot? :P
Wow! He did crank it up to 650+ mph for about an hour, with a high of 682 mph :shock: for a brief moment over Ft. Garland, CO. That is just a bit faster than Boeing's "typical cruise speed" of 522 mph. Must have had a serious tailwind. Taxi time to takeoff was 16 minutes compared to a scheduled 10 minutes, so that's not the reason I initially assumed.
will i know in my lifetime how you were able to determine these details?
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

temporal1 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:18 am
ohio jones wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:45 pm
will i know in my lifetime how you were able to determine these details?
The lifetime of free history on flightaware.com is a week or so, after that you'll need a subscription.
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Josh wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:55 am Do you think a DA that stops prosecuting crime - except of his political enemies - is a good thing?

This is a fundamental difference between conservative and liberal people. We want to see fairness, not political punishment.
Actually, Trump is the guy who has consistently said the Justice department should prosecute his enemies and protect his friends. Quite openly sometimes, even in rallies. The guy who does not respect courts or elections.

The hypocrisy of this is breathtaking. He goes to Waco, of all places, to claim that holding government officials accountable to the law is "an abuse of power". Well, only if it's Trump, the people he wants you to hate should all be prosecuted. That's what he tells the crowds. Nobody is leading crowds to say "lock Trump up," he is merely facing potential legal trouble in about five suits, depending on evidence that you and I cannot know because grand juries do their work in secret, though we can make some guesses.

None of this is about conservatives wanting fairness. They think their favorites should be immune from investigations and prosecution. All of this is about wanting political punishment. Even for election workers who merely count votes accurately.

Fairness means waiting for the charges to come out, waiting to see what the charges are and what the evidence is for those charges, and letting Trump be investigated or charged just like any other political figure would be under the same circumstances, letting the evidence decide, letting the process work itself out. Fairness means that Trump's finances should be as transparent as all other presidents since Nixon. Fairness means respecting the results of elections. If people were treating Trump the way he treats his political enemies, I can't imagine how shocking that would be for conservatives.
1 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Josh wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:55 am This is a fundamental difference between conservative and liberal people. We want to see fairness, not political punishment.
And that's why Trump warns that there will be "death & destruction" if he is charged with a crime? Is that how conservatives do "fairness, not political punishment"?
1 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

ohio jones wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:58 pm Arguments made by Mr. Cohen's attorney, in a communication marked Highly Confidential that has nonetheless made its way to MennoNet, can hardly be considered factual or trustworthy.
Cohen was convicted of perjury for these statements. So courts have already determined that they were not true.

Here's one summary from an FEC filing:

https://www.fec.gov/files/legal/murs/7313/7313_28.pdf
Cohen appears to have learned about Clifford’s interest in selling her account of the alleged
affair on October 8, 2016, the day after the publication of the infamous “Access Hollywood” tape.
Cohen testified before Congress that he and “more importantly, Mr. Trump[,]” were concerned
about the impact Clifford’s allegations might have on the campaign if they were publicized soon
after the tape. Shortly after the release of the tape, Cohen entered into negotiations with Clifford’s
attorney, Keith Davidson, to prevent the publication of Clifford’s account. Those negotiations
culminated in Cohen forming an LLC and transferring $130,000 from a home equity line of credit
through the LLC to Davidson on October 27, 2016. After the election, he was reportedly
reimbursed in installments from either Trump’s personal account or the Donald J. Trump Revocable
Trust. Cohen testified before Congress that the goal of the payment structure was to keep Trump as
“far away from it as possible.”

According to Cohen, he regularly apprised Trump about the negotiations with Davidson, and
Trump agreed that Clifford should be paid the $130,000 in exchange for entering into the
nondisclosure agreement that would prevent her from discussing the alleged affair. Cohen testified
that Trump directed him to make the payment and that Trump asked Cohen and Allen
Weisselberg, the Trump Organization, LLC’s (“Trump Organization”) Chief Financial Officer, to
“figure out how” to do so. According to Cohen’s testimony before Congress, the proposal to make
the payment himself and later be reimbursed, designed to hide the source of the funds, was
approved by Trump.

Given these facts, the Commission’s Office of the General Counsel (“OGC”) recommended
finding reason to believe that Cohen and the Trump Organization made, and Trump and Donald J.
Trump for President, Inc. (the “Committee”) accepted and failed to report, illegal contributions.
The Act prohibits making, or knowingly accepting, a campaign contribution in excess of the
contribution limits set forth under the Act.
I don't know what the Southern District of New York will charge Trump with, if anything. They can't charge him with violations of the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971, that's not in their jurisdiction. But the courts have already ruled that Cohen was lying and held him accountable for that, saying he was lying to protect the president. I don't think those facts are in serious doubt.
1 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Bootstrap wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:59 pmI don't know what the Southern District of New York will charge Trump with, if anything. They can't charge him with violations of the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971, that's not in their jurisdiction. But the courts have already ruled that Cohen was lying and held him accountable for that, saying he was lying to protect the president. I don't think those facts are in serious doubt.
They don't have to convict him of Federal campaign violations. Only show that his actions to falsify the source and purpose of the payment were in furtherance of committing another felony, which can be a state or Federal felony.

Under NY law, falsifying financial records is a misdemeanor unless it was in the furtherance of another crime in which case it becomes a felony. So if Bragg can show that the falsification of financial records (recording the hush money payment as tax-deductible legal consultations) was done in order to break Federal campaign finance law, then the falsification of records itself becomes a felony, even if Bragg doesn't ever prosecute the underlying Federal felony.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Grace

Post by Grace »

Bootstrap wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:41 pm

Actually, Trump is the guy who has consistently said the Justice department should prosecute his enemies and protect his friends. Quite openly sometimes, even in rallies. The guy who does not respect courts or elections.

The hypocrisy of this is breathtaking. He goes to Waco, of all places, to claim that holding government officials accountable to the law is "an abuse of power". Well, only if it's Trump, the people he wants you to hate should all be prosecuted. That's what he tells the crowds. Nobody is leading crowds to say "lock Trump up," he is merely facing potential legal trouble in about five suits, depending on evidence that you and I cannot know because grand juries do their work in secret, though we can make some guesses.

None of this is about conservatives wanting fairness. They think their favorites should be immune from investigations and prosecution. All of this is about wanting political punishment. Even for election workers who merely count votes accurately.

Fairness means waiting for the charges to come out, waiting to see what the charges are and what the evidence is for those charges, and letting Trump be investigated or charged just like any other political figure would be under the same circumstances, letting the evidence decide, letting the process work itself out. Fairness means that Trump's finances should be as transparent as all other presidents since Nixon. Fairness means respecting the results of elections. If people were treating Trump the way he treats his political enemies, I can't imagine how shocking that would be for conservatives.

Wow, TDS right here on Mennonet. Who would have thought.
0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

I think Mennonet will be a better place whenever its partisan leaning members are able to point out the hypocrisies of both parties, and not just the hypocrisies of the party they don't like.
4 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"