Followers of the Way tested

General Christian Theology
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: Followers of the Way tested

Post by Soloist »

Ernie wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:03 pm
Its the difference between "anabaptist" and "Anabaptist" correct?

For the record, I identify as catholic, orthodox, and kingdom Christian. I am culturally connected to Anabaptists.

And another note of interest... Half of the Anabaptists who moved to Boston and joined FOTW are now anabaptist.
I honestly have no idea what you mean by little A and big A
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Catholic - Someone who is part of the Catholic Church (the organization)
catholic - someone who is part of the universal church

Anabaptist - Someone who identifies with the physical or spiritual descendents of folks called anabaptists in the 16th century.
anabaptist - someone who has been rebaptized
1 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Ernie wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:09 pm Catholic - Someone who is part of the Catholic Church (the organization)
catholic - someone who is part of the universal church

Anabaptist - Someone who identifies with the physical or spiritual descendents of folks called anabaptists in the 16th century.
anabaptist - someone who has been rebaptized
It concerns me that FOTW is asking for re-baptism. It fits though with their views though.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Soloist wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:21 pmIt concerns me that FOTW is asking for re-baptism. It fits though with their views though.
FOTW pushes full immersion baptism really hard - including that is required for salvation.

(Just to be clear, I don't agree with this, but I also don't think such doctrinal differences mean I need to denounce FOTW and its leaders as heretics and false teachers. Or condemn the entirety of the German Baptist Brethren.

Y'know, just setting the record straight.)
2 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Josh wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:24 pm
Soloist wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:21 pmIt concerns me that FOTW is asking for re-baptism. It fits though with their views though.
FOTW pushes full immersion baptism really hard - including that is required for salvation.

(Just to be clear, I don't agree with this, but I also don't think such doctrinal differences mean I need to denounce FOTW and its leaders as heretics and false teachers. Or condemn the entirety of the German Baptist Brethren.

Y'know, just setting the record straight.)
It is more than just pushing for immersion… we know someone who was baptized by full immersion. Despite having a clear testimony they got pressured to be rebaptize because of the age of when they got baptized. The story we heard was that they discount any baptism prior to age 18.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Soloist wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:41 pmIt is more than just pushing for immersion… we know someone who was baptized by full immersion. Despite having a clear testimony they got pressured to be rebaptize because of the age of when they got baptized. The story we heard was that they discount any baptism prior to age 18.
I can understand where they're coming from but that's quite a position to take.

At age 12, Jesus was reasoning with the doctors. And age 12 was the traditional Jewish age for miqvah.
1 x
dontperish
Affiliation: Christian

Post by dontperish »

Fotw ...I call them... far off the Word
have many false doctrines and sin.

False gospel ...uniting to atheists ...sitting on billions...not teaching to obey all He commanded .. it's endless.

See the testing link it documents them to warn my neighbor who I love ...

I hate FOTWs false ways....I hope they repent.

Psalm 119:104
Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

But I love people enough to tell the truth ...

Galatians 4:16 KJVS
Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

God be praised
0 x
Chris
Affiliation: Moderate / unaffil

Post by Chris »

I'd really like to know what church donotperish thinks is a true church.

So donotperish, can you please tell me of a real true church I can go to?
Thank you in advance!
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

dontperish wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:47 pm It's not a good fit I guess ...
I don't reason long with people I can't verify their faith system or gender and there is far too much feminization going on in the his world... which started with Eve. In person is far different. I can't hang out here much as I have brothers and sisters to edify daily...teachings to post and daily street ministry to do. If any man wants to contend in the faith ..email me or call to go over the gospel then I can hear any correction or concerns he has. I do test to the Word all things. 1 Thess 5

God be praised

Tupos / James
Dontperish.com
dontperish@outlook.com
I did.

There was no conversation. I spent 20 minutes listening to a oppressive narcissist that rationalizes anything he needs to to be "the Truth" that he gets from the Holy Spirit. I heard very little fruits of the Sprit. I told him he was preaching down to me. He said no. I said strongly that he was preaching down to me again, he said no again. I hung up. I have better things to do then listen to a narcissist for any longer. There was no edification or community building, which was my purpose. Any time I tried to talk or say anything, he cut me off and launched right back into his ranting.

He is totally happy doing what he does. Who I really feel for is his wife. I hope his overbearing personality does not lean into abusive ways with her. I have no evidence to suggest he does, but I have seen that personality before and it can easily lead into abusive patterns. I do not know if he has children with him, but if so, I would hope Child Services makes a wellness check.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Chris
Affiliation: Moderate / unaffil

Post by Chris »

Robert wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:50 am
dontperish wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:47 pm It's not a good fit I guess ...
I don't reason long with people I can't verify their faith system or gender and there is far too much feminization going on in the his world... which started with Eve. In person is far different. I can't hang out here much as I have brothers and sisters to edify daily...teachings to post and daily street ministry to do. If any man wants to contend in the faith ..email me or call to go over the gospel then I can hear any correction or concerns he has. I do test to the Word all things. 1 Thess 5

God be praised

Tupos / James
Dontperish.com
dontperish@outlook.com
I did.

There was no conversation. I spent 20 minutes listening to a oppressive narcissist that rationalizes anything he needs to to be "the Truth" that he gets from the Holy Spirit. I heard very little fruits of the Sprit. I told him he was preaching down to me. He said no. I said strongly that he was preaching down to me again, he said no again. I hung up. I have better things to do then listen to a narcissist for any longer. There was no edification or community building, which was my purpose. Any time I tried to talk or say anything, he cut me off and launched right back into his ranting.

He is totally happy doing what he does. Who I really feel for is his wife. I hope his overbearing personality does not lean into abusive ways with her. I have no evidence to suggest he does, but I have seen that personality before and it can easily lead into abusive patterns. I do not know if he has children with him, but if so, I would hope Child Services makes a wellness check.
I'd leave his wife & children out of it. Not right to do on assumption.

However that said -

I simply want to know of 1 single church that is correct that he finds truly follows the gospel. I will go visit it. There's got to be one according to the scripture.
1 x