Can we make MN more hostile?

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: Can we make MN more hostile?

Post by Szdfan »

mike wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:08 pm
Szdfan wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:06 pm As punishment for disagreeing with me, I believe you all should have to watch my one-man show based on the "Communist Manifesto" in which I play both Karl Marx and God. Oh, it's a musical and I can't sing or dance. The song and dance number about dialectical materialism is spectacular in all the worst ways.
how can you do dialectical with only one person
You'll have to come to my show to find out.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

Szdfan wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:09 pm
Szdfan wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:06 pm As punishment for disagreeing with me, I believe you all should have to watch my one-man show based on the "Communist Manifesto" in which I play both Karl Marx and God. Oh, it's a musical and I can't sing or dance. The song and dance number about dialectical materialism is spectacular in all the worst ways.
I have a dentist appointment that day.
3 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

mike wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:10 pm

I'd be happy to come to the dentist's office and tap dance while singing about autonomous workers collectives as you're sitting in the dentist chair.
2 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
GaryK
Affiliation: Unaffiliated

Post by GaryK »

Nope. I'm pretty sure you will have some music that I don't agree with and besides that, don't you know that most conservative Mennonites churches, along with many other things, would never allow attendance at a Communist themed show?
1 x
mike

Post by mike »

Szdfan wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:17 pm
I'd be happy to come to the dentist's office and tap dance while singing about autonomous workers collectives as you're sitting in the dentist chair.
Now you have me looking forward to the root canal
1 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Let's act out Martyr's Mirror. We can take turns so everybody gets to be a martyr sometimes and a persecutor sometimes. Everyone else gets to be the cheering crowd.

Passive aggressive people can play both roles at once.
Last edited by Bootstrap on Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Pelerin
Affiliation:

Post by Pelerin »

Szdfan wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:17 pm
Are the songs so catchy that we’ll want to sing along but can’t because of the novocain and inhuman dental contraptions stuffing our mouths?
1 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

mike wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:31 pm
Szdfan wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:17 pm I'd be happy to come to the dentist's office and tap dance while singing about autonomous workers collectives as you're sitting in the dentist chair.
Now you have me looking forward to the root canal
We're all rooting for you ...
1 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

RZehr wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:49 pm We have plenty of folks available here who are experts at removing moats from eyes.
Surely someone could expand their expertise from moats to canals and work on mouths, not just eyes.
3 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
mike

Post by mike »

ohio jones wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:44 pm
RZehr wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:49 pm We have plenty of folks available here who are experts at removing moats from eyes.
Surely someone could expand their expertise from moats to canals and work on mouths, not just eyes.
It's just lovely that boats is spelled like moats. I never thought about that before.

Anyway, back to calling people idiots and morons. Send this to the bunny trail thread or whatever
1 x