Another Trump thread

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.

Trump will win the Republican 2024 nomination

Yay
33%
Nay
67%

Total votes: 12

RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Another Trump thread

Post by RZehr »

Whatcha got?
1 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Another Trump thread

Post by Josh »

Oh no, not another one
1 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

:D participation optional.
1 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Republicans have a bell and cat problem. An analysis of recent election results suggests that Trump's involvement hurts Republicans. In the past election, Trump-endorsed candidates did about 5 percentage points worse than non Trump-endorsed candidates. Yesterday's Georgia Senate election followed in that same form. But no prominent Republican wants to be the one to take out Trump. Because no one wants to offend Trump's local MAGA base. And it seems unlikely that any GOP candidates in the 2024 primary will want to be the one to step up and do that job either. That is also what happened in 2016. All the other candidates just waited around for someone else to take on and take out Trump and it never happened.
From Aesop's Fable: "Belling the Cat"

The Mice once called a meeting to decide on a plan to free themselves of their enemy, the Cat. At least they wished to find some way of knowing when she was coming, so they might have time to run away. Indeed, something had to be done, for they lived in such constant fear of her claws that they hardly dared stir from their dens by night or day.

Many plans were discussed, but none of them was thought good enough. At last a very young Mouse got up and said:

"I have a plan that seems very simple, but I know it will be successful.

All we have to do is to hang a bell about the Cat's neck. When we hear the bell ringing we will know immediately that our enemy is coming."

All the Mice were much surprised that they had not thought of such a plan before. But in the midst of the rejoicing over their good fortune, an old Mouse arose and said:

"I will say that the plan of the young Mouse is very good. But let me ask one question: Who will bell the Cat?"
I have no idea whether he will win the 2024 nomination or presidency again. But that is the essence of the problem facing the Republican party. They can't find anyone willing to bell the cat.
Last edited by Ken on Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

I think it's a possibility. Before the midterms I gave him a 50% chance. Right now some of the shine was worn off so I lower it 30%. That could change either way.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

I find it difficult to say "yay" to the possibility, no matter how likely I think it might be.
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

i’m ambivalent, conservatives have a deep bench of worthwhile possibilities, for 2024 and beyond.
i would enjoy seeing him resume, and, hopefully, excel. It’s not like Congress. It’s just 4 years. :lol: :mrgreen:

Either way, i’d like it to be recognized that he brought a lot of vitality to conservatives, he did much good in office, he opened doors for future good. All under unrelenting duress that continues. He revealed the sad reality of career politicians, the outright evil they represent.

i suppose it’s a sad state of affairs when such a wildly imperfect man can be so much better than his opponents. :shock:

It’s funny to think, tho. 2016-2020, so many noisily gave Trump so much advice: “He must do this, must not do that,”
he pretty much did as he thought best, and continues. He continues, “The Advice” continues .. strange, that.

A lot like Elon Musk.

Those who can, do. Those who can’t ..
Last edited by temporal1 on Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Social media seems to still be very much in favor of him. His rallies up until the election still brought tremendous crowds unprecedented by anyone else. However Governor DeSantis has become tremendously popular as well. Record #s of people moving to FL. I see many want both Trump & DeSantis on the ticket together. I personally am concerned about Trumps recent remarks about DeSantis which has tirned alot of us off- at the same time the masses seem to staye we were better off in so many ways when Trump was president plus many believe still he was cheated out of finishing the job he started.

He did what i voted for him for, the Supreme Court justices, he made good on his promises.
The hatred from day 1 on the left still continues but I honestly feel that will be towards any pro-life Conservative Republican candidate
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Valerie wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:48 pm Social media seems to still be very much in favor of him. His rallies up until the election still brought tremendous crowds unprecedented by anyone else. However Governor DeSantis has become tremendously popular as well. Record #s of people moving to FL. I see many want both Trump & DeSantis on the ticket together. I personally am concerned about Trumps recent remarks about DeSantis which has tirned alot of us off- at the same time the masses seem to staye we were better off in so many ways when Trump was president plus many believe still he was cheated out of finishing the job he started.

He did what i voted for him for, the Supreme Court justices, he made good on his promises.
The hatred from day 1 on the left still continues but I honestly feel that will be towards any pro-life Conservative Republican candidate

i see a lot of this, too. Tons of dedicated effort toward dividing Republicans, for sure. Nonstop.
Keep in mind, during primaries, biden+harris were not at all cozy. :evil:

i ignore anything between Trump/Desantis. It’s too early, people are just revealing their personal biases/wish-lists.

Some have said Trump/Desantis 2024, Desantis 2028. They both have great possibilities for VPs. Diverse backgrounds, too.
Pence was a terrific VP. i don’t see him as POTUS material.

i agree 100% about the cabal nature of the DNC. Completely intolerant of anyone or anything outside. Plenty of evidence.
Vicious.
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Valerie wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:48 pm Social media seems to still be very much in favor of him. His rallies up until the election still brought tremendous crowds unprecedented by anyone else. However Governor DeSantis has become tremendously popular as well. Record #s of people moving to FL. I see many want both Trump & DeSantis on the ticket together. I personally am concerned about Trumps recent remarks about DeSantis which has tirned alot of us off- at the same time the masses seem to staye we were better off in so many ways when Trump was president plus many believe still he was cheated out of finishing the job he started.

Hatred on the left? Democratic strategists are probably happy he is running because it will make the 2024 primary and general election campaign all about Trump rather than a referendum on Biden.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr