Biden’s speech: what is he doing?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Biden’s speech: what is he doing?

Post by Josh »

So I had a chance to look at Biden’s speech yesterday and what I saw was very disturbing.

First of all he proclaimed that Republicans are enemies and terrorists. This is not rhetoric that unites, but divides.

But more disturbingly he channeled what looked like an authoritarian-totalitarian giving a speech, flanked by military:

Looks like all of us who aren’t Democrats have a target on our backs now.
0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Re: Biden’s speech: what is he doing?

Post by Ernie »

We certainly have had a lot of authoritarian-totalitarian military flanked stuff going on the last decade.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

^^ PM Justin Trudeau approves of this message. :-|

TDS / Sam Harris
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4987&start=10

This is no minor thing.
These men address stated international enemies with more respect/dignity
than their own legal, law-abiding, tax-paying citizens. :shock:

Not some hollywood B-movie.

- - - - - - - - - -
Ernie wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:32 pm We certainly have had a lot of authoritarian-totalitarian military flanked stuff going on the last decade.
biden voters (even on this forum) longed for the return of “normal politics” with biden. their words.
well. here it is. “normal” career politicians.
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Josh wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:16 pm So I had a chance to look at Biden’s speech yesterday and what I saw was very disturbing.

First of all he proclaimed that Republicans are enemies and terrorists. This is not rhetoric that unites, but divides.
I agree that this was a divisive speech. But he was very careful to say that he was not speaking about most Republicans, he was speaking specifically about "Donald Trump and his MAGA Republicans", who he portrays as a minority that have intimidated the rest of the party.
Biden wrote:Too much of what’s happening in our country today is not normal. Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our Republic.

Now, I want to be very clear, very clear up front. Not every Republican, not even the majority of Republicans, are MAGA Republicans. Not every Republican embraces their extreme ideology. I know, because I’ve been able to work with these mainstream Republicans.

But there’s no question that the Republican Party today is dominated, driven and intimidated by Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans. And that is a threat to this country.
And here's how he describes these extremists:
Biden wrote:And here, in my view, is what is true: MAGA Republicans do not respect the Constitution. They do not believe in the rule of law. They do not recognize the will of the people. They refuse to accept the results of a free election, and they’re working right now as I speak in state after state to give power to decide elections in America to partisans and cronies, empowering election deniers to undermine democracy itself.
Frankly, I think there's something to that. But this speech is going to harden and polarize. I think this is a campaign speech aimed at energizing his base - this is, after all, the beginning of September. But it's not unifying, and the country needs unifying.

I found it particularly disturbing when he mixed the kinds of issues above with liberal culture-war issues, where I think Americans have legitimate differences of opinion:
Biden wrote:MAGA forces are determined to take this country backwards, backwards to an America where there is no right to choose, no right to privacy, no right to contraception, no right to marry who you love. They promote authoritarian leaders, and they fanned the flames of political violence that are a threat to our personal rights, to the pursuit of justice, to the rule of law, to the very soul of this country.
But the Republican response to this has also been polarizing - after all, Republicans are also in campaign season, and they want to energize their own base:
The Republicans’ reaction to Mr. Biden’s speech was remarkable. For years, they stood quietly by as Mr. Trump vilified and demonized anyone who disagreed with him — encouraging supporters to beat up protesters; demanding that his rivals be arrested; accusing critics of treason and even murder; calling opponents “fascists”; and retweeting a supporter saying “the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat.” But they rose up as one on Thursday night and Friday to complain that Mr. Biden was the one being divisive.
After defending and supporting all of that for four years, they are acting shocked to see a milder form of it in a Biden speech.

So I think both sides are being a little hypocritical here. Which ... isn't terribly surprising, given the fact that this is worldly politics.
2 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

1) Evidently, most “major networks” did not air his ridiculousnss.
2) Evidently, he’s walked his words back.

i’m not bothering with links. it is what it is.

6 months ago, PM J Trudeau quickly walked his “Emergencies Act” decision back. (Then quickly extended his PM term, claiming it was in the best interests of Canada’s citizens, due to COVID.) Not mentioning citizen discontent with him!

Not sure how many times “major networks” and handlers have walked biden’s comments back, or disconnected his mic, etc.;
notably, his hawkish words to Putin.

For myself, when President Trump was “disconnected” from communication in the months following the Nov 2020 election
to January 6, i found this beyond bizarre. Even more bizarre when the same “omnipotents” imposed similar/the same on POTUS-elect biden!

WHO ARE THE OMNIPOTENTS CONTROLLING COMMUNICATION FROM U.S. PRESIDENTS! :shock:

In the past, “when presidents spoke,” news media vied to be first to air!! In full.
This began decades ago with RADIO. It was highly valued. Sometimes boring. No pulling the plug. Not from POTUS!

It seems “we” have problems. Evidently greater-than DJT or biden. Worse than 1 bad president.
Those behind the scenes (controlling the mics) have unilaterally decided they’re more important than any/all of them.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

.. 6 months ago, PM J Trudeau quickly walked his “Emergencies Act” decision back. (Then quickly extended his PM term, claiming it was in the best interests of Canada’s citizens, due to COVID.) Not mentioning citizen discontent with him!
it seems clear, biden+supporters would love the opp to just extend his term without bothering with votes. the omnipotents behind have even less regard for “leaving matters up to fair elections.” they prefer buying outcomes. just basic common sense - to them.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

If you can't see through what he's doing. Then you simply can't see.

This is the president who ran on a campaign of being the one tonight America. I guess he underestimated how strongly Christians feel about compromising their faith and assuming we'd be on board with abortion, lgbtq, open borders without following immigration laws, overlooking how much they censored and suppressed truth before the election and through the pandemic etc.

We were sitting at a pizza restaurant in Fredericksburg Ohio thursday. Fredericksburg is a town of a lot of Amish and they actually had two Trump buggy parades before the election. They had big screen TV with Fox News on. I said to the Amish man sitting close to us "look at our president referring to Make America Great Again supporters as nazis, fascist, a threat to the democracy of our country" he just got a big smile on his face and shook his head.

Yes, Bidens inflaming remarks are even criticized on more liberal news stations and by his own Democrat party, but it does seem to brainwash some people into believing it. Personally I feel like it's too deflect and distract from the real problems in his own party including the recent FBI problems, that really aren't that recent but continue.

Biden is a mouthpiece for someone else. Seems to be a tactic of what's called soft totalitarianism.
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Mom said to me:
"There's a lot of talk about Biden's speech he gave the other night and how it was necessary due to the potential violence from Trump supporters. Why doesn't any republican bring out the violence the Dems threatened against the Supreme Court justices? One guy was even arrested with guns and other dangerous things in his possession and admitted he was planning on killing Kavenaugh. Liberals were even going into restaurants where conservative lawmakers were and threatening them and throwing their food around. Some were followed out of meetings and surrounded and threatened. There's been more violence on the democratic side than by MAGA people. Why aren't republicans pointing that out. "

After Roe V Wade was overturned recently. My own town has had numerous protests on the corner of our town square with people dressed up crazy in red I guess that's supposed to represent blood, shouting "my body my choice" as loud as they can disrupting everything going on in our town.. there was a Christian couple holding up signs with scripture being pro-life and one of the protesters came running over holding up her sign in front of the Christian sign so people couldn't read it being really obnoxious. WHO exactly, is the threat?
1 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

The only thing missing was the swastika flag behind him and the black mustache...
2 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Page 38 / Meanwhile, in Canada
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=91&p=167912#p167912

6 months ago, Trudeau sounded so much the same.
Western Europe ..

Trump is hated for disturbing “plans.” Transfer of wealth. No matter suffering.
Trump is not God, not a perfect man. He meddled with career politicians and their lobbies.

There is ZERO TOLERANCE regarding disturbing this huge transfer of wealth.
Wayne used the word, “redistrbution” of wealth .. Page 41 / viewtopic.php?p=19630#p19630

People have been known to kill one another over $1.
Imagine when billions+trillions are up for grabs. (i get it!) i loathe the thought of what i might do/say with such temptations!
i would never want to be faced with such unholy temptations.
0 x

UNKNOWN