Plane crash?

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Re: Plane crash?

Post by Ernie »

This one is not much more helpful.

0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Someone sent us this information.
The three killed were Rod Martin, Dawayne Weaver, Wes Martin
Rod and Dawayne were from Blueball Mennonite Church, Wes was from Calvary Fellowship Mennonite Church.
They were flying from Fresh Start Training Center to Myerstown PA.
They crashed just south of Morgantown WV., in a thunderstorm.
Rod, the pilot was married and was about 50 years old.

Sympathies for all those involved.
0 x
Pelerin
Affiliation:

Post by Pelerin »

Ernie wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:39 pm This is the most unhelpful news post I have ever read.

https://latestnews.fresherslive.com/art ... ath-203151
It isn’t a news article at all, it’s a scam website. There’s been an uptick recently of websites that have an AI write a word salad like this that try to make as many word combinations as possible to take over Google search results. You click the link and try to make sense of it and by the time you’ve realized it says nothing they’ve managed to collect some advertising money, your tracking information, and maybe even mined some bitcoin. I don’t know that there much you can do to combat it except to run with an adblocker and maybe NoScript. The nature of the whole thing is pretty shady already, but if they have their AI scanning for and writing “articles” about the recently deceased, you know you’re dealing with some pretty low scum.
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Ernie wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:39 pm This is the most unhelpful news post I have ever read.
https://latestnews.fresherslive.com/art ... ath-203151
i don’t know about you, Ernie, but i’m puzzled about how Rodney Martin died.
PeterG
"It is a weird" —Ken
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
hillperson
Affiliation: A.M.

Post by hillperson »

This is the church service at Blue Ball Mennonite Church the Sunday after the crash…..

A very difficult time for family and friends….

I haven’t heard any funeral details yet…. has anyone?
1 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

hillperson wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:02 am This is the church service at Blue Ball Mennonite Church the Sunday after the crash…..

A very difficult time for family and friends….

I haven’t heard any funeral details yet…. has anyone?
The last I heard the FAA hasn't released the bodies and won't until a full investigation is completed.
1 x
electro-wiz
Affiliation:

Post by electro-wiz »

Umm the FAA does not investigate airplane crashes. That is the duty of the NTSB. But complete silence from government accident investigations is quit normal. Likely we will get a completed report from NTSB in about 2 years. But we can likely draw some conclusions from looking at their adsb track and the radar at the time of the accident. They were south of a line of thunderstorms, which was between them and their destination, they saw what looked like a gap between 2 cells and attempted to go between. Thunderstorms tend to be very unpredictable, quite possibly he had done things like this before without any problems...

Very sad, praying for the family as they deal with their loss. It's accidents like that make me keep me awake at night... :cry:
1 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

electro-wiz wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:39 pm Umm the FAA does not investigate airplane crashes. That is the duty of the NTSB. But complete silence from government accident investigations is quit normal. Likely we will get a completed report from NTSB in about 2 years. But we can likely draw some conclusions from looking at their adsb track and the radar at the time of the accident. They were south of a line of thunderstorms, which was between them and their destination, they saw what looked like a gap between 2 cells and attempted to go between. Thunderstorms tend to be very unpredictable, quite possibly he had done things like this before without any problems...

Very sad, praying for the family as they deal with their loss. It's accidents like that make me keep me awake at night... :cry:
I am sorry if my info was incorrect. Let's just say the people who investigate plane crashes have not released the bodies as of last weekend.
1 x
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

0 x