Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions

Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Total votes: 0

temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Post by temporal1 »

silentreader wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:14 am
silentreader wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:47 am Please pray for a local OO family. Four years ago a 24 year old son was killed in an extremely freak accident, this year in January a 20 year old son was killed in a tractor rollover. Minutes ago we received word that a 30 year old unmarried son committed suicide.
Apparently another surviving brother also "struggles with life". Pray that he may receive the help he needs.
.. praying in his anguish his eyes are opened to the value of his life .. esp to his loved ones. he is needed. somehow, Jesus will provide a way for him. His way.
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

My sister-in-law called, my younger brother, Jim, went to the hospital this morning for surgery, had stents placed.
i’m not sure what all she said, too emotional listening to remember. he’s in ICU, if he does well overnight they’ll discuss his return home. i’m going to have to be told again, when i can take notes.

my impulse is to go there now, 5 hours away. i’m waiting for a brake repair, i’d better not go right now.

this was not an emergency, he did not tell me what was planned. i knew he was having some complaints and was expecting to have a stress test. not an emergency, not out of the blue, either. thankfully, his wife is doing well, their daughter is nearby. i might be in the way, i’d better give them some time.

What is a stent?
https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/what-is-stent

i’m alarmed, but “my gut” is optimistic about his outcome. i’m unsure. it won’t be easy. but i’ve witnessed some experience these bumps then come back better than before. this is my prayer. ✝️

i need to calm down before i talk with them again. i’m shaken inside.

i was 4 when he was born. my marvelous treasure! he is my closest sib in every way. he and his wife. she was close to our mother, she’s another sister, it was wonderful to see how their relationship was over the years. her mother died of cancer when she was young. she and our mother had the sweetest relationship. it was good for both of them.

intense prayers for these next hours.
1 x

UNKNOWN
HondurasKeiser
Affiliation: LMC & IEMH

Post by HondurasKeiser »

Pray for Pablo Yoder and family in Nicaragua. I just read his newsletter this morning in which he announced that he has Stage 4 Cancer with multiple tumors in his kidneys and lungs.
3 x
Affiliation: Lancaster Mennonite Conference & Honduran Mennonite Evangelical Church
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

HondurasKeiser wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:39 am Pray for Pablo Yoder and family in Nicaragua. I just read his newsletter this morning in which he announced that he has Stage 4 Cancer with multiple tumors in his kidneys and lungs.
✝️

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SkVBFMm9GPA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YKJkPkNtVO4
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

^^ My brother Jim. :)
It’s been a journey, he’s not yet out of the woods.

His heart surgery went well, he quickly returned home, was planning to return to work within a few days, not even a week, to the horror of his wife and me. We urged him to take a few weeks. To be active, but not back to his physical work. i don’t believe he was listening to us.

However. He was going in+out of the house, grilling chicken, when their dog ran between his legs, throwing him off somehow.
The dog’s collar bumped his leg?? i’m not exactly sure what happened. It was just a moment - that changed everything.

Long story short.
His heart surgery seems to be holding up well. :wave:
His leg was badly injured, not correctly diagnosed at first, terrible pain, morphine-level pain.
After painful ER visits, etc., they decided he has a torn calf muscle, a broken blood vessel (vessels?) - unfortunately, the delay in diagnosis allowed infection to set in, he was given an antibiotic shot and oral antibiotics.

By this time, he’s been in so much pain, some days not able to get up.
His wife and daughter are doing everything, no ambulance to their rural home. No home health, PT.
His sil has built a wheelchair ramp. i’ve read, just a torn muscle can take weeks to repair.

The cardiologist said he “saw something” in a blood test, but they must wait to do another test. An added mystery.

So. No going right back to work. :-| “Be careful what you wish for.” :-|
We wanted him to take it easy. This goes ‘way beyond.

Infections are THE scariest.
He goes to the doctor tomorrow. It will be hard. i hope he gets past the infection.
(i guess) if the infection was not subsiding, it would have gotten much worse? to catastrophic?

His brand new heart surgery is getting a workout.
1 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Lesterb’s wife Marlene ✝️
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4992
1 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Numbers reported between 120-174 killed:

“Hundreds killed, hurt in stampede at Indonesia football match”
Police fire tear gas after fans invade pitch in East Java, triggering a stampede that killed at least 125 people and injured 100 more..

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/10/ ... ball-match

- - - - - - -

2016 Olympics / This tragedy reminds of a little-reported panic at JFK airport.
i only knew of it because my daughter and young granddaughter were in it! They were terrified.
The video below displays what my daughter described. They had boarded, but had to deboard, flights were cancelled.
i wish they would have stayed on the planes. The airport was chaos. The thought of panicked crowds makes me anxious.

“Usain Bolt spurred JFK airport panic, cops made it worse, review finds”
https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2016/11/ ... fk-review/

2016 JFK airport / Why Panic Spread So Quickly At One Of America's Busiest Airports / 2min
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7adeGSGGS7s
Noisy fans watching live TV coverage of the Olympics as well as a race starter's pistol may have started the panic inside New York's JFK Airport Sunday.

The panic spread like a contagion, from terminal to terminal to terminal.
When people saw others screaming and running, they joined in the stampede.
Security expert Bill Stanton told Inside Edition: "It's the herd mentality. Someone sees someone all panicked and they get panicked and it has that domino effect."
0 x

UNKNOWN
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

HondurasKeiser wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:39 am Pray for Pablo Yoder and family in Nicaragua. I just read his newsletter this morning in which he announced that he has Stage 4 Cancer with multiple tumors in his kidneys and lungs.
Pablo passed away this morning.
A son writes,
"After 4 days of difficult laboring, our father has gotten across the Jordan River safely.
He took his last breath at 8.00. a.m. Please rejoice with him! He is having the time of his life, we are sure..."
1 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Ernie wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:39 am
A son writes,
"After 4 days of difficult laboring, our father has gotten across the Jordan River safely.
He took his last breath at 8.00. a.m. Please rejoice with him! He is having the time of his life, we are sure..."
Thanks for letting us know, as he and his family, were on my mind a lot after seeing an interview with him a few weeks ago.
1 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Grace wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:42 pm
Ernie wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:39 am
A son writes,
Thanks for letting us know, as he and his family, were on my mind a lot after seeing an interview with him a few weeks ago.
It’s hard to imagine going through this with a hurricane bearing down. Hopefully they were spared.
https://reliefweb.int/report/cuba/latin ... 11-october
0 x

UNKNOWN