Gender confusion

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: Gender confusion

Post by JimFoxvog »

Ken wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:03 pm
temporal1 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:36 pm The U.S. Public Treasury needs to be shut down and cleaned out.

i’m with many who pray for divine intervention.
I hope you don't rely on Social Security and Medicare then.
But I also hope you care about those who do depend on Social Security and Medicare!
1 x
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

JimFoxvog wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:50 am
But I also hope you care about those who do depend on Social Security and Medicare!
Yes. They are equally image bearers of God as the unborn. Maybe there is a reason the scriptures hold out loving your brother who "you have seen" as the standard measure for love of God. It's easier to love those we haven't seen. As a crusty old man once pointed out "I love humanity, it's people I can't stand."
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

JimFoxvog wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:50 am
Ken wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:03 pm
temporal1 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:36 pm The U.S. Public Treasury needs to be shut down and cleaned out.

I hope you don't rely on Social Security and Medicare then.
I do, which is why madly printing money and looting the public treasury is not good.
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:14 am
JimFoxvog wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:50 am But I also hope you care about those who do depend on Social Security and Medicare!
I do, which is why madly printing money and looting the public treasury is not good.

Social Security / Medicare / Medicaid are interesting topics that (may have an existing thread)?

Not to further bunny trail here, for me, this recent article is a respectable starting place for reference:

Jan 2022 / “This word describes Social Security — but not everyone wants to hear it”
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this- ... 2020-02-04
.. The term entitlement has developed a negative connotation, said Nancy Altman, president of Social Security Works, which advocates for expanding the program. “Focus groups have found when you ask people to name entitlements, they’ll focus on welfare, and when they’re told Social Security [is an entitlement program], they get angry because of course Social Security is an earned benefit,”
she said. The idea of being “entitled” has over time become associated with getting something one doesn’t deserve.

But the term has evolved — now it’s about politics,
especially as the two major parties disagree about how to reform Social Security, and little progress has been made toward doing so.

For years, some legislators have tried to invoke changes on Social Security.
Rep. John Larson re-introduced his proposal, the Social Security 2100 Act, which included many provisions President Biden supports. Critics of the proposal argue it may not be enough, or that the improvements would only be temporary. ..

When i wrote above about shutting down AND CLEANING OUT, this wasn’t a suggestion for permanent+complete closing of the Public Treasury, but to reflect desire for removal of what now appears endless and increasing pirating ..

even years ago, in my state, i became aware of so much egregious dependency on gov funds, i began to think,
“wow, if gov isn’t funding, it ain’t happening,” in this state that once had a vibrant tax-paying economy!

i.e., lots of jobs in the private sector.
now, from lowly welfare moms to big corporations, “EVERYONE” has their hand out to “Papa government.”

- - - - - - -

Returning to gender confusion.
The Public Treasury should not be pirated to guarantee funds to for-profit abortion corporations,
also not to fund BIG PHARMA for carving up children+teens (or adults) .. for LIFELONG dependency on expensive drugs+surgeries.

SCOTT NEWGENT speaks candidly and with adult personal experience on the latter.
Links on Page 7.

LOOK.
Powerful corporate LOBBIES, alongside powerful organized political blocs (and now, creepy cults) are 100% invested in gaining LEGAL protections+promotion in government, WITH access to the Public Treasury. Now on this monstrous scale.

We delude ourselves.
And many are in the dedicated busine$$ of deluding. They’ve been to law schools, and they know how to (poison the well).
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

MaxPC wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:32 am [img]https://
Note, transfats have been found inherently unhealthy, and formally removed from the public arena/people’s diets.

2018 / Harvard / Artificial trans fats banned in U.S.
It’s official: Artificial trans fats are banned in the U.S.
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph- ... rans-fats/

Imagine them trying this since 2020.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

temporal1 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:08 am
Note, transfats have been found inherently unhealthy, and formally removed from the public arena/people’s diets.

Objective facts are all up for debate, no longer confined to rarefied circles in academia, intended to be questioned, debated, tested. Funded+promoted via the Public Treasury, thrown out as “settled science,” with no science, at all.

The Public Treasury needs a clean-out, and gate keeping.

TY SMITH / Breaking News! THIS is why is this current generation so confused! Just sayin' / -2min
0 x

UNKNOWN
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

temporal1 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:08 am

It was a humorous play on words, T1.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Altho his name is familiar, i don’t know much about JORDAN PETERSON.
Recently, he’s been banned/suspended from twitter. i don’t twitter, so i didn’t look into it.

This video popped up. i’ve viewed a number of JP SEARS / AWAKEN WITH JP satire/irony/comedic videos. So, i viewed.
This one is largely with JP SEARS from an unusually sober pov (not 100%).

“JP Reacts to Jordan Peterson's Twitter Ban” / -30min

The topic is about gender confusion - and about Jordan Peterson being banned for his brief, innocuous words. His honest view.
0 x

UNKNOWN
nett
Affiliation: Midwest Fellowship

Post by nett »

I think this kind of intersects with the Jan 6th issue. Our highest institutions of government have descended into foolishness.

There can be no respected rule of law when this kind of nonsense is what's being discussed.
0 x