Decay of Church Finder

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
nett
Affiliation: Midwest Fellowship

Re: Decay of Church Finder

Post by nett »

Franklin wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:07 pm
Ken wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:42 pm If you hate people so much, why are you wasting so much of your time trying to seek them out? Most misanthropes such as yourself would go live off the grid someplace and not spend so much time and effort trying to connect with others.

In any event, I think you are wasting your time seeking out conservative Mennonite groups to share in your hatred of humanity. There may be other people other there who share in your hate, but I don't think you will find them among Mennonites, conservative or otherwise.
Normally I wouldn't respond to Ken, but I think this is an important question.

I don't hate all people, just most. And I am absolutely not seeking out people who share my hatred of humanity, I am just seeking good people. A good person doesn't have to agree with my views on anything, all they have to do is to make the world a better place. The vast majority of modern humanity is bad because they make the world worse.

I don't hate most people on this forum. But this forum is the only place on the internet where this is true. Everywhere else on the internet, I hate at least 90% of the people. This is why I come to this forum.
Would you consider yourself a good person?
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

It makes me ponder that there may be concerns for safety and security. Certainly concerns regarding violence against churches during their services.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Our new church has existed and has been buying curriculum from CLP for 5 years, and we don't show up on the pilgrim church finder website. There must be very many other new churches like us that are not on there. Speaking of out of date, Gameo is about 10 - 15 years out of date as well.
0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

RZehr wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:27 pm Our new church has existed and has been buying curriculum from CLP for 5 years, and we don't show up on the pilgrim church finder website. There must be very many other new churches like us that are not on there. Speaking of out of date, Gameo is about 10 - 15 years out of date as well.
Likely your home church gets a form each year asking them to update their information. If you want to add your church, you need to contact CLP to get on their list. I've helped a church do that in the past.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
RZehr

Post by RZehr »

Ernie wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:45 pm
RZehr wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:27 pm Our new church has existed and has been buying curriculum from CLP for 5 years, and we don't show up on the pilgrim church finder website. There must be very many other new churches like us that are not on there. Speaking of out of date, Gameo is about 10 - 15 years out of date as well.
Likely your home church gets a form each year asking them to update their information. If you want to add your church, you need to contact CLP to get on their list. I've helped a church do that in the past.
No wonder they are so out dated. Why would they send a form to someone's old home church instead of just using their current customer list? Is this what you meant? Both churches buy their curriculum from CLP separately.
0 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

RZehr wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:50 pm
No wonder they are so out dated. Why would they send a form to someone's old home church instead of just using their current customer list? Is this what you meant? Both churches buy their curriculum from CLP separately.
How would they know whether the new church matches the criteria for their list?
0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

ken_sylvania wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:09 pm

Correct. CLP sells more product to non-Anabaptists then to Anabaptists. So they are not going to list a church in their directory, just because someone buys curriculum from them. New churches need to ask to be placed in the directory.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

MaxPC wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:48 pm It makes me ponder that there may be concerns for safety and security. Certainly concerns regarding violence against churches during their services.
it always seemed unwise to me to publish a directory of multiple churches with multiple names, birthdays, marriage details, jobs, email, phone number, address...

We declined to add our names to the western fellowship directory but have had it added with some small details removed for a single local church before.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
RZehr

Post by RZehr »

Ernie wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:15 pm
ken_sylvania wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:09 pm
Correct. CLP sells more product to non-Anabaptists then to Anabaptists. So they are not going to list a church in their directory, just because someone buys curriculum from them. New churches need to ask to be placed in the directory.
I hadn't thought of that.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Soloist wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:26 pm
MaxPC wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:48 pm It makes me ponder that there may be concerns for safety and security. Certainly concerns regarding violence against churches during their services.
it always seemed unwise to me to publish a directory of multiple churches with multiple names, birthdays, marriage details, jobs, email, phone number, address...

We declined to add our names to the western fellowship directory but have had it added with some small details removed for a single local church before.
Why is this unwise?
0 x