Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Today ...

Post by Robert »

Today, I will go get my first vaccine. I have to go on a government base in July for several days and it will be too hard to get a rapid test that is negative, drive to the base, then spend several days constantly proving I am not sick.

So I caved in for convenience. We too, like sheep ...
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

Robert wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:06 am Today, I will go get my first vaccine. I have to go on a government base in July for several days and it will be too hard to get a rapid test that is negative, drive to the base, then spend several days constantly proving I am not sick.

Welcome to the club! Please let us know if you start picking up 5G or mutate in any weird ways.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

Robert wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:06 am Today, I will go get my first vaccine. I have to go on a government base in July for several days and it will be too hard to get a rapid test that is negative, drive to the base, then spend several days constantly proving I am not sick.

Just be aware that having the vaccine doesn't protect from the virus for up to a couple of months, since you are not protected between shots, and not until 2 or 3 weeks after the second shot and even then, all indications are that it is effective for only 2-3 months after that.
So much for "immunity".
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Joy wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:37 pm Today at a nursing home while my sister and I waited behind another visitor to fill out forms for entering, the lady said yes to the receptionist, she had the vaccine. Yes, she had had gotten COVID--two weeks after the vaccine.
gcdonner wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:55 am

Just be aware that having the vaccine doesn't protect from the virus for up to a couple of months, since you are not protected between shots, and not until 2 or 3 weeks after the second shot and even then, all indications are that it is effective for only 2-3 months after that.
So much for "immunity".

Here, near Seattle, i’m finding “being vaccinated” is beng misunderstood to mean an immediate+permanent “free get out of jail card” by (most?) - i hope predictions for worse to come do not materialize. i’m continuing caution, others are - but the weather is so-so good, it’s wonderful to re-engage, temptations abound! :)

For the majority, children, teens, the healthy+under 50, as reports have said all along, there isn’t much risk of death.
Requirements were mostly about reducing exposure, directly-indirectly to high risk folks - including masks.

It’s easy to forget that.
The measures all “feel like” they are for self-protection! Staying home, maintaining physical distance, washing hands. These measures DO prevent spread of pathogens, they DO protect self. Masking was supposed to be more about protecting others. Right?

We’re used to vaccines being far more effective than (these). We WANT them to be very effective.
So. Here we are. The water is murky.

i’m in the high risk group. i’ve tried to improve my health to the best of my ability in the last year - hoping, in the event, i will survive. like george and claudia. :D i’m pretty sure this virus+mutants may be around .. maybe will never completely disappear .. it may be taking a toll for years to come.

mandated “everyone to be vaccinated” is gov mandated wealth for some. by force of the sword.

altho uncommon, smallpox continues, as do other uncommon pathogens.
i “feel” more vulnerable to distracted drivers than to any other threat. even gun violence. even aging.

early 1980’s, when our daughter was a toddler, her pediatrician once remarked that the drive with her across town to her appointment was “more risky/dangerous” than (whatever worry) i had about her on that day.

this one passing comment stayed with me. we take driving for granted. we feel pretty safe in our cars. but.

2019 / Ernie had a thread on it.
“Auto Accident Fatalities”
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2204
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

gcdonner wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:55 am Just be aware that having the vaccine doesn't protect from the virus for up to a couple of months, since you are not protected between shots, and not until 2 or 3 weeks after the second shot and even then, all indications are that it is effective for only 2-3 months after that.
So much for "immunity".
I am not getting the vaccine so I am immune. I already feel my immune system is well prepared. I did it because of the requirements of government to allow me on site.

And some Virologists are suggesting that immunity will be permanent and we will not need more.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Somebody
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Somebody »

We had the first lettuce salad from our garden!
0 x
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

Just got a second person message that lesterb died yesterday evening.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

silentreader wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:58 am Just got a second person message that lesterb died yesterday evening.

prayers for his family and many loved ones as they adjust to life on earth without him. he will be well remembered.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3340
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

silentreader wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:58 am Just got a second person message that lesterb died yesterday evening.
I am sorry for the loss of Lester and for all his friends and family. May he rest easy in the arms of Jesus.
1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

Today while meandering through a cemetery, reading inscriptions, I saw this one:

STAND BACK

I'M COMING UP

I Thess. 4:16

Papa
2 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.