Coronavirus Outbreak

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak

Post by JimFoxvog »

mike wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:36 pm This whole thing is going to be over very soon at these rates of decline.
As people were quite free in gathering last weekend, I think we'll have a good idea if this is so in two weeks.
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

JimFoxvog wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:58 am
mike wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:36 pm This whole thing is going to be over very soon at these rates of decline.
As people were quite free in gathering last weekend, I think we'll have a good idea if this is so in two weeks.
People have been gathering in Holmes County OH in huge numbers for auctions & benefit auctions since last year, unmasked- yet we don't see these 2 week spikes. If that would have happened, i highly doubt the auctions would have been allowed to continue
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Soloist wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:31 pm
I spent some time digging up the actual document the other day... One there is no actual way to know if its a modified document. The story of where it came from keeps changing, although it does seem like he did a FOIA. And the stunning feature of the ovaries is actually not the highlight of the accumulation.

https://files.catbox.moe/0vwcmj.pdf
More accumulates in the Liver, Adrenal glands and the speen.

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/ ... ort_en.pdf

This second report I link is not some "covered up" document and says the exact same thing about accumulation.

While I agree the cardiac effects of the vaccine warrant further investigation, it is still rare and the actual disease causes the same problem too. As for injecting a "toxin" It could always be worse... We could be injecting a virus!!! :mrgreen:
Thank the Lord for natural immunity and the abity to build it up, so you can avoid the virus AND the vaccine. Thank the Lord also for doctors that were "discredited" and ridiculed, but knew the treatment/protocol to keep their covid patients out of the hospital & had 0 deaths. Question is, why was it so important to silence these successful doctors? Connect the dots. Many deaths could have been prevented.
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

I work for an Ohio drugstore chain that offers the vaccine.

We received the announcement early yesterday morning that as employees we are no longer required to wear a mask. There was no stipulation on whether you had been vaccinated or not vaccinated. I would say about 2% of the customers I watched to come in yesterday for senior day had masks on. So essentially, are very crowded store yesterday but the unmasked people which is also very crowded on memorial Day as I had the constant lines no social distancing unmasked customers, and I know plenty of people that told me personally they won't get the vaccine so we'll see how this plays out in a couple weeks. Of course we have learned that you can't trust the testing either so who knows. God only knows
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

RZehr wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:33 pm
If the Wuhan lab-leak hypothesis is true, expect a political earthquake
https://www.yahoo.com/news/wuhan-lab-le ... 49505.html

.......We cast blame so innocently in those days. We scolded at will. We knew who was right and we shook our heads to behold those in the wrong playing in their swimming pools and on the beach. It made perfect sense to us that Donald Trump, a politician we despised, could not grasp the situation, that he suggested people inject bleach, and that he was personally responsible for more than one super-spreading event. Reality itself punished leaders like him who refused to bow to expertise. The prestige news media even figured out a way to blame the worst death tolls on a system of organized ignorance they called “populism.”

In reaction to the fool Trump, liberalism made a cult out of the hierarchy of credentialed achievement in general

But these days the consensus doesn’t consense quite as well as it used to. Now the media is filled with disturbing stories suggesting that Covid might have come — not from “populism” at all, but from a laboratory screw-up in Wuhan, China. :-|

You can feel the moral convulsions beginning as the question sets in:
What if science itself is in some way culpable for all this? :-|
The news media, in its zealous policing of the boundaries of the permissible, insisted that Russiagate was ever so true but that the lab-leak hypothesis was false false false, and woe unto anyone who dared disagree. :-|

Reporters gulped down whatever line was most flattering to the experts they were quoting and then insisted that it was 100% right and absolutely incontrovertible — that anything else was only unhinged Trumpist folly, that democracy dies when unbelievers get to speak, and so on. :-|

• The social media monopolies actually censored posts about the lab-leak hypothesis. :-| Of course they did!
Because we’re at war with misinformation, you know, and people need to be brought back to the true and correct faith —
as agreed upon by experts.
Let us pray, now, for science,” intoned a New York Times columnist back at the beginning of the Covid pandemic. The title of his article laid down the foundational faith of Trump-era liberalism: “Coronavirus is What You Get When You Ignore Science.”

Ten months later, at the end of a scary article about the history of “gain of function” research and its possible role in the still ongoing Covid pandemic, Nicholson Baker wrote as follows: “This may be the great scientific meta-experiment of the 21st century. Could a world full of scientists do all kinds of reckless recombinant things with viral diseases for many years and successfully avoid a serious outbreak? The hypothesis was that, yes, it was doable. The risk was worth taking. There would be no pandemic.”

Except there was. If it does indeed turn out that the lab-leak hypothesis is the right explanation for how it began —
that the common people of the world have been forced into a real-life lab experiment, at tremendous cost — :-|
there is a moral earthquake on the way.

Because if the hypothesis is right, it will soon start to dawn on people that our mistake was not insufficient reverence for scientists, or inadequate respect for expertise, or not enough censorship on Facebook.

It was a failure to think critically about all of the above, to understand that there is no such thing as absolute expertise. :-|
Think of all the disasters of recent years:
economic neoliberalism,
destructive trade policies,
the Iraq War,
the housing bubble,
banks that are “too big to fail,”
mortgage-backed securities,
the Hillary Clinton campaign of 2016 —

all of these disasters brought to you by the total, self-assured unanimity of the highly educated people who are supposed to know what they’re doing, plus the total complacency (culpabillity) of the highly educated people who are supposed to be supervising them. :-|
“Rand Paul: Fauci Emails Reveal He Has ‘Moral Culpability’ for Pandemic”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/rand-paul ... s-pandemic

cults
career politicians
personal gain
greed
incompetence
corruption

lots of words. but 2016-2020 was motivated by one underlying tribal/primitive chant, “NEVER TRUMP.”
to think one additional 4 year term was THAT threatening, that it became “all or nothing” on the greatest scale possible.

“deperate people do desperate things.” :-| (don’t follow desperate people.) :-|

DJT is a fool.
What’s not mentioned is: No more or less than any of these others. The truly unbearable truth.

i’m surprised: :shock:
there is this much honesty this fast. the expectation is no honesty, ever.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Possibly few recall the Thalidomide Tragedy.
i was young, it was a horrifying tragedy. innocent lives sacrificed/ruined.

“Thalidomide: the tragedy of birth defects and the effective treatment of disease”
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21507989/
Abstract
Thalidomide was a widely used drug in the late 1950s and early 1960s for the treatment of nausea in pregnant women.
It became apparent in the 1960s that thalidomide treatment resulted in severe birth defects in thousands of children.

Though the use of thalidomide was banned in most countries at that time, thalidomide proved to be a useful treatment for leprosy and later, multiple myeloma. In rural areas of the world that lack extensive medical surveillance initiatives, thalidomide treatment of pregnant women with leprosy has continued to cause malformations. Research on thalidomide mechanisms of action is leading to a better understanding of molecular targets. With an improved understanding of these molecular targets, safer drugs may be designed.

The thalidomide tragedy marked a turning point in toxicity testing, as it prompted United States and international regulatory agencies to develop systematic toxicity testing protocols; the use of thalidomide as a tool in developmental biology led to important discoveries in the biochemical pathways of limb development. In celebration of the Society of Toxicology's 50th Anniversary, which coincides with the 50th anniversary of the withdrawal of thalidomide from the market, it is appropriate to revisit the lessons learned from the thalidomide tragedy of the 1960s.
0 x

UNKNOWN
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

Valerie wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:20 am I work for an Ohio drugstore chain that offers the vaccine.

We received the announcement early yesterday morning that as employees we are no longer required to wear a mask. There was no stipulation on whether you had been vaccinated or not vaccinated. I would say about 2% of the customers I watched to come in yesterday for senior day had masks on. So essentially, are very crowded store yesterday but the unmasked people which is also very crowded on memorial Day as I had the constant lines no social distancing unmasked customers, and I know plenty of people that told me personally they won't get the vaccine so we'll see how this plays out in a couple weeks. Of course we have learned that you can't trust the testing either so who knows. God only knows
In PA, the mask mandate is being lifted at the end of June or when 70% are vaccinated, whichever comes first. All other restrictions were lifted this past weekend. The majority of folks basically anywhere you go are not wearing masks, and a lot of businesses are not requiring it of employees. We're continuing at my business until the order lifts with the exception of employees who are vaccinated. My department of ag inspector said that their department is no longer doing any covid inspections or responding to any public complaints regarding violations.
1 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

temporal1 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:40 am DJT is a fool.
What’s not mentioned is: No more or less than any of these others. The truly unbearable truth.
I guess I never thought you’d say that about DJT.
1 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

RZehr wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:30 pm
temporal1 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:40 am DJT is a fool.
I guess I never thought you’d say that about DJT.
:lol:
i’ve said it many times.

on this forum, to my knowledge, everyone has said it - no matter to what extent they may be supporting his various policies.
i’m not aware of anyone on this forum confusing DJT with God. no matter accusations.

i think because ..
for so many, anything less than “NEVER TRUMP” translates to “Trump is God.”
your yahoo quote above reflects the extent of it. i’m surprised to see anything like it published by yahoo.
but, it is just unvarnished reality.

these discussions repeated for 4+ years on this forum.

no one in a cult recognizes it, until-unless they break away. i’ve witnessed (from afar) big cult scams in my life.
what distresses about the present day is they’ve learned they can access the public treasury, and manipulate law for protection.

imagine Jim Jones or others with such resources.
https://people.howstuffworks.com/10-infamous-cults.htm

My parents wisely warned: “Don’t jump on bandwagons.” Jesus is the way.

Those SIMPLE words have saved me great heartache in earthly life. Those words, and, i credit the Holy Spirit for watching over me as a young one. no other explanation. So innocent, in a world gone mad.

Just as children+young people face now. Hazards abound.
Taxpayer funded cults, tho. wow. that’s gonna be a tough one for them to sidestep. :shock:
0 x

UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Maybe we could take a break from talking about Trump here.
2 x