Election Investigations

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Election Investigations

Post by Bootstrap »

Josh wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:11 pm If you want to criticise O’Keefe, there’s another thread for that.
In this thread, I was telling Ken that I think Robert really is using a reliable site for evaluating news sources - how accurately they report the facts, how biased they are. I thought Project Veritas was a good point of reference for him.

I'll also post in that other thread where specific sources are being discussed.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

As long as we are using MediaBiasFactCheck, let's take a look at the fact-checking sites they recommend and what they have to say about election fraud claims and investigations into the election.

Each of these points to their list of claims about election fraud in the 2020 presidential election.
0 x
GaryK
Affiliation: Unaffiliated

Post by GaryK »

Not really about election investigations but the Lt Governor of NC makes is abundantly clear where he stands on the issue of voter ID and election integrity.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/north-car ... uppression
2 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

GaryK wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:57 pm Not really about election investigations but the Lt Governor of NC makes is abundantly clear where he stands on the issue of voter ID and election integrity.

If you can't see through the Dems reasoning behind objecting to voter ID, you're probably not someone who should be allowed to vote. I don't think they care how obvious there objection is, they will say anything to prevent it under the guise of racism or whatever
2 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Valerie wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:36 pm
GaryK wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:57 pm Not really about election investigations but the Lt Governor of NC makes is abundantly clear where he stands on the issue of voter ID and election integrity.
If you can't see through the Dems reasoning behind objecting to voter ID, you're probably not someone who should be allowed to vote. I don't think they care how obvious there objection is, they will say anything to prevent it under the guise of racism or whatever.

GaryK, thanks for posting.
By some bizarre coincidence, i saw this FOX report referencing NC’s MARK ROBINSON, in headline+text, but the video is of
Utah’s OWEN BURGESS. (Fox may correct the mixup, i have no idea.) But these are 2 black elected representatives in agreement on the much-maligned Georgia law.

5min.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mark-r ... ts-efforts

i found Mark Robinson’s clip on his FB page. i’m glad The Blaze covered it.

i agree with you, Valerie, and these two men.
preposterous, insulting arguments have been so normalized, there really is no standard, and no shame.
just nonstop blah-blah, all day+all night. :blah:

- - -

i don’t follow Fox or The Blaze, or any, but i “see things” here+there as i use the internet.
rarely does Fox show up, The Blaze is so rare, i wondered if they were still operating.

- - -

i actually read some want to boycott HOME DEPOT because they chose to stay out of the topic! neutral is not allowed.
if this is true, it’s just another example of how “forced,” intolerant, and bullying these people are.
true or not, it’s credible.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

The leftist-liberal playbook is simple:

“If you think voter fraud is a problem you’re a racist.”

Then, when they’ve basically made it illegal to investigate or catch vote fraud:

“Vote fraud never ever happens. If you think it does you’re a racist.”

These days, big companies like Coca-Cola and Delta Air Lines have sternly rebuked the people and told them Georgia’s legislature does not have sovereignty over its own elections; apparently such power over legislation belongs to big corporations. We can truly see who actually controls our government.
1 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Anyone want to discuss facts?
Bootstrap wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:32 pm As long as we are using MediaBiasFactCheck, let's take a look at the fact-checking sites they recommend and what they have to say about election fraud claims and investigations into the election.

Each of these points to their list of claims about election fraud in the 2020 presidential election.
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Josh wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:21 pm These days, big companies like Coca-Cola and Delta Air Lines have sternly rebuked the people and told them Georgia’s legislature does not have sovereignty over its own elections; apparently such power over legislation belongs to big corporations. We can truly see who actually controls our government.
The State of Georgia certified the 2020 election.

The new rules seem inspired by a legislature that wishes it could have put its thumb on the scales. But if you want fair elections, there are good reasons for keeping elections out of the hands of political parties. The legislature generally is not given direct control over elections precisely because you don't want people loyal to their own parties putting their thumbs on the scales.

I think Politifact has it right:
There is no credible reason to believe that that process was plagued by fraud in 2020. In Georgia, where Biden had one of his slimmest margins of victory, two recounts — including one conducted by hand — reaffirmed his victory. Georgia’s secretary of state, a Republican, has repeatedly swatted down claims that voter fraud affected the vote.
Georgia's new rules seem to be inspired, at least partly, by a legislature that wishes it could have changed the outcome of the election despite the fact that the Republican officials who ran the election in a very Republican state repeatedly confirmed the election results.
0 x
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

Josh wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:21 pm “If you think voter fraud is a problem you’re a racist.”
I don't believe that accusation. It's a little more complex.

The people pushing the idea of voter fraud being a problem might not be intentionally racist. They just want to hold on to power and if that means minorities have a smaller voice that doesn't really matter. And many who think voter fraud is a problem have just been listening uncritically to these power-seekers.
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

JimFoxvog wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:26 am And many who think voter fraud is a problem have just been listening uncritically to these power-seekers.
I think voter fraud is a problem. I think it has been a problem for many years. I think voter fraud was utilized by some this election.
I don't know the severity of the fraud because too many are trying to hide it even exists to know. I might suggest those who deny voter fraud happens as being tribal and only listening to their tribe propaganda.
1 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.