Recently attended an EPMC Bible School AMA

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Recently attended an EPMC Bible School AMA

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote: A few churches in PA/Maryland and one in Manitoba run schools like this and there is a vision for there to be even more. They are around 1/3 members children and 2/3 children of people in the community. Sometimes the parents attend church, sometimes they don’t.
do you know of any (easy) way to learn more? i’m doubting they have FB pages or websites? blogs?
if there’s a way, i would enjoy following along their path/progress.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
CADude
Affiliation: Consrvt. Anabaptist

Post by CADude »

temporal1 wrote: do you know of any (easy) way to learn more? i’m doubting they have FB pages or websites? blogs?
if there’s a way, i would enjoy following along their path/progress.
There's a Fairview Mennonite Church and Fairview Christian School in Reading, PA that was started as an outreach to the city children, if I have my facts straight. I think it's associated with Keystone Mennonite Fellowship which is a split off Lancaster Mennonite Conference. Looking at their website I think the school is primarily Mennonites and possibly has a few other children in it that come from religious families. The qualifications to send you children to the school, according to their website, is that you have to regularly attend a Bible-believing church. So I don't know if this school fits the description of what was previously described here.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Fairview is about half and half.

Tidings of Peace (which is also Keystone) does not require parents to attend a church. They have a Facebook page and a Twitter.

Hosanna Christian School in Winnipeg, MB is similar.
0 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Josh wrote:Fairview is about half and half.

Tidings of Peace (which is also Keystone) does not require parents to attend a church. They have a Facebook page and a Twitter.

Hosanna Christian School in Winnipeg, MB is similar.
Hampden Christian School in Baltimore is the same. They have a website and facebook page.

J.M.
0 x
:hug: