Net Gain or Loss: Assuming the earth warms up.

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.

Gain or Loss

Total votes: 0

lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Re: Net Gain or Loss: Assuming the earth warms up.

Post by lesterb »

MaxPC wrote:
RZehr wrote:
MaxPC wrote: This rather hits the nail on the proverbial head. A lot of wealthy owners of media and politicians keep pushing the fear factor of climate change with their public relations. When someone does that, I ask myself about their motives for inciting fear among the population. Is their motive to sell dodgy technology? To keep their real estate? To protect their political power (they're afraid of people migrating elsewhere thus weakening that power base?). I would say it's all of the above.

Climate change has been evident throughout earth's history - no new news there. Geological core samples of earth and ice give hard evidential proof of this. Mankind simply picks up and moves to a different locale that meets its needs rather than holding expensive conferences to try to avoid the inevitable. That's authentic freedom in Christ: not enslaving ourselves to political agendas on a perfectly natural process.
Is this why you live in an RV? :lol:
:rofl:
That's as good a reason as any. :lol:

After years of being tied to one place we decided to let the children have the homestead and we went off to see America. Now it's time to put the wheels up on chocks I'm thinking. Unless the tide rolls in :lol:
Find yourself a nice stable flat pontoon boat and load your RV onto it. Presto! A house boat! I've thought of that for some years already. Park on the water in the summer and further south in an RV lot for the winter.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Some retire on cruise ships: :)
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/r ... illion.asp

typically, those who choose to cruise compare costs with nursing homes; they say cruise ships come at lower costs, with higher quality life.

this skirts the need for land location.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Well the boat/cruise ship does seem interesting. My wife and I aren't "water people" though. We get seasick. I don't think we could afford all that Dramamine.
:laugh
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

MaxPC wrote:Well the boat/cruise ship does seem interesting. My wife and I aren't "water people" though. We get seasick. I don't think we could afford all that Dramamine. :laugh
seasick! :-|
so far, this tiny poll reflects how not all folks are willing to presume warming would be a negative.
fwiw, in my teeny life, :roll: - the 70’s ice age fears with accompanying harsh winters, were ‘way more frightening! - without all the money-politics involved.

interesting poll idea. :)
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

temporal1 wrote: so far, this tiny poll reflects how not all folks are willing to presume warming would be a negative.
fwiw, in my teeny life, :roll: - the 70’s ice age fears with accompanying harsh winters, were ‘way more frightening! - without all the money-politics involved.

interesting poll idea. :)
I think you'll find that money-motivated politics is a concept as old as the human race.

I can almost hear the salesmen from 40,000 years ago shouting:
"Go east young man! Settle in Laurentia! Once you cross that ice bridge hang a right you'll find plenty of fertile land, mammoths and bison. You can even claim the whole continent because no one is there yet! You'll be the first! Act now and we'll give you a free mammoth skin! Limited supply so hurry!" :lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
Wayne in Maine
Location: Slightly above sea level, in the dear old State of Maine
Affiliation: Yielded

Post by Wayne in Maine »

As we are coming out of an ice age (pardon my Old Earth Creationist viewpoint) the earth has been warming and the sea level has been rising for several thousands of years. The earth was much greener, having a much greater and more energetic biosphere before the last ice age. If the Creator does not re-make it by returning soon, it will continue to green up as temperatures naturally rise, lowlands are returned to productive marsh land and coastal shallows and as lands are uncovered by receding ice sheets. Greenland might become green again.

If scientists are right about the natural course of inter-glacial warming, then the earth will be remade and will most likely be "livelier" than it has been over the past several thousand years. Though I don't think I'll live long enough to be able to fish from my back porch (24 feet above sea level).
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Wayne in Maine wrote:As we are coming out of an ice age (pardon my Old Earth Creationist viewpoint) the earth has been warming and the sea level has been rising for several thousands of years. The earth was much greener, having a much greater and more energetic biosphere before the last ice age. If the Creator does not re-make it by returning soon, it will continue to green up as temperatures naturally rise, lowlands are returned to productive marsh land and coastal shallows and as lands are uncovered by receding ice sheets. Greenland might become green again.

If scientists are right about the natural course of inter-glacial warming, then the earth will be remade and will most likely be "livelier" than it has been over the past several thousand years. Though I don't think I'll live long enough to be able to fish from my back porch (24 feet above sea level).
And of course, the more lively the greenery, the more CO2 the plants will consume and the more O2 they will create, thus making the atmosphere healthier for humans. God knows what He's doing. :D
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Wayne in Maine wrote:As we are coming out of an ice age (pardon my Old Earth Creationist viewpoint) the earth has been warming and the sea level has been rising for several thousands of years. The earth was much greener, having a much greater and more energetic biosphere before the last ice age. If the Creator does not re-make it by returning soon, it will continue to green up as temperatures naturally rise, lowlands are returned to productive marsh land and coastal shallows and as lands are uncovered by receding ice sheets. Greenland might become green again.

I often wonder if we do things to try to stop global warming, if we are actually getting into the way of the natural process. People in poor or stressful lifestyles often resist change because of the fear of the unknown, even if few things could be worse than their situations.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Wayne in Maine
Location: Slightly above sea level, in the dear old State of Maine
Affiliation: Yielded

Post by Wayne in Maine »

Robert wrote:

I often wonder if we do things to try to stop global warming, if we are actually getting into the way of the natural process. People in poor or stressful lifestyles often resist change because of the fear of the unknown, even if few things could be worse than their situations.
Quite frankly I think it's silly to propose that humans can actually control the climate in any significant way. If the global warming alarmists were actually serious about their proposition that human generated CO2 is the leading to catastrophic climate change, then they would be strong advocates of nuclear and hydro energy instead of compact (mercury laden) florescent light bulbs, Tesla electric cars and corn ethanol.
0 x
Sudsy
Affiliation: .

Post by Sudsy »

MaxPC wrote: And of course, the more lively the greenery, the more CO2 the plants will consume and the more O2 they will create, thus making the atmosphere healthier for humans. God knows what He's doing. :D
Or perhaps oxygen is slowly killing us now and It just takes 75-100 years to fully work. :lol:
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit