Net Gain or Loss: Assuming the earth warms up.

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.

Gain or Loss

Total votes: 0

JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: Net Gain or Loss: Assuming the earth warms up.

Post by JimFoxvog »

MaxPC wrote: Climate change has been evident throughout earth's history - no new news there. Geological core samples of earth and ice give hard evidential proof of this. Mankind simply picks up and moves to a different locale that meets its needs rather than holding expensive conferences to try to avoid the inevitable.
I doubt mankind's existance is threatened by global warming as it is by nuclear war. It's good to keep the issues in perspective.

I've noticed a significant portion of the US population is opposed to immigration from the south. Other countries have similar sentiments. Think of what would happen if the immigration presure increased ten-fold. If most of China and India wanted to move to Siberia, might there be some resistance? Hate-filled social upheaval and war are the likely human consequeses that I wish to avoid. Rich people can move fairly easily; poor people can't.

It seems odd how many of those opposed to abortion are not concerned about global warming, which could destroy huge numbers of unborn children in the tropical and subtropical world, along with their parents.
0 x
Wayne in Maine
Location: Slightly above sea level, in the dear old State of Maine
Affiliation: Yielded

Post by Wayne in Maine »

JimFoxvog wrote:
MaxPC wrote: Climate change has been evident throughout earth's history - no new news there. Geological core samples of earth and ice give hard evidential proof of this. Mankind simply picks up and moves to a different locale that meets its needs rather than holding expensive conferences to try to avoid the inevitable.
I doubt mankind's existance is threatened by global warming as it is by nuclear war. It's good to keep the issues in perspective.

I've noticed a significant portion of the US population is opposed to immigration from the south. Other countries have similar sentiments. Think of what would happen if the immigration presure increased ten-fold. If most of China and India wanted to move to Siberia, might there be some resistance? Hate-filled social upheaval and war are the likely human consequeses that I wish to avoid. Rich people can move fairly easily; poor people can't.

It seems odd how many of those opposed to abortion are not concerned about global warming, which could destroy huge numbers of unborn children in the tropical and subtropical world, along with their parents.
But what is your basis for claiming this? The earth has been warming for thousands of years, sometimes slower than the current rate, and sometimes faster. Global warming is not a sudden catastrophic events which destroys unborn children and their parents in the tropical and subtropical world; the disaster scenarios or mostly conjecture and speculation.

According to the common climate models (and actual data), global warming will lead (is leading) to more rain as well as healthier vegetation in places like the Sahal and even the Sahara (The Sahel is greening). North Africa might again support bountiful agriculture. "The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad; the desert shall rejoice and blossom like the crocus..."
0 x
GaryK
Affiliation: Unaffiliated

Post by GaryK »

JimFoxvog wrote:

But isn't it true though, that humans are in control of abortion and that God is in control of the climate? In my small realm of influence I can possibly persuade a woman not to take the God-given life of an unborn child but neither me nor scientists or anyone else can control what happens with weather/climate/nature. That's in God's hands.

Edited to add: Having lived in Liberia Africa for 4 years I think many of us would be surprised at the resilience of those who live in 3rd world countries. It takes very little for them to relocate, put up a simple structure to live in and to go about life once again. Things like malaria, and other treatable diseases, I suspect have killed far more babies than "global warming" ever will.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Sudsy wrote:
MaxPC wrote: And of course, the more lively the greenery, the more CO2 the plants will consume and the more O2 they will create, thus making the atmosphere healthier for humans. God knows what He's doing. :D
Or perhaps oxygen is slowly killing us now and It just takes 75-100 years to fully work. :lol:
:lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

GaryK wrote: But isn't it true though, that humans are in control of abortion and that God is in control of the climate? In my small realm of influence I can possibly persuade a woman not to take the God-given life of an unborn child but neither me nor scientists or anyone else can control what happens with weather/climate/nature. That's in God's hands.

Edited to add: Having lived in Liberia Africa for 4 years I think many of us would be surprised at the resilience of those who live in 3rd world countries. It takes very little for them to relocate, put up a simple structure to live in and to go about life once again. Things like malaria, and other treatable diseases, I suspect have killed far more babies than "global warming" ever will.
:up:
I couldn't have said it better. :D
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

It seems to me that an increase in precipitation over land would be a good thing. More rain + heat = more plants.
Fig 1.01-01.png
Fig 1.01-01.png (642.44 KiB) Viewed 175 times
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

2018 / Page 3
Wayne in Maine wrote:
Robert wrote:
Wayne in Maine wrote:As we are coming out of an ice age (pardon my Old Earth Creationist viewpoint) the earth has been warming and the sea level has been rising for several thousands of years.

The earth was much greener, having a much greater and more energetic biosphere before the last ice age. If the Creator does not re-make it by returning soon, it will continue to green up as temperatures naturally rise, lowlands are returned to productive marsh land and coastal shallows and as lands are uncovered by receding ice sheets. Greenland might become green again.

If scientists are right about the natural course of inter-glacial warming, then the earth will be remade and will most likely be "livelier" than it has been over the past several thousand years.

Though I don't think I'll live long enough to be able to fish from my back porch (24 feet above sea level).
I often wonder if we do things to try to stop global warming, if we are actually getting into the way of the natural process.
People in poor or stressful lifestyles often resist change because of the fear of the unknown, even if few things could be worse than their situations.
Quite frankly I think it's silly to propose that humans can actually control the climate in any significant way.

:arrow: If the global warming alarmists were actually serious about their proposition that human generated CO2 is the leading to catastrophic climate change,
:arrow: then they would be strong advocates of nuclear and hydro energy instead of compact (mercury laden) florescent light bulbs, Tesla electric cars and corn ethanol.
The temptations BIG MONEY/BILLIONS present should cause “all us pawns” pause. :-|
Many sell out for far-far less than billions. :-|

The topic is now set to be front+center.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN