Forum Participant Age Ranges

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.

As a poster what age category are you in ?

Total votes: 0

Sudsy
Affiliation: .

Re: Forum Participant Age Ranges

Post by Sudsy »

Regarding these Generation Z under 20 year olds not posting - I ran across this in describing them and perhaps it is part of why we don't hear from them on this forum. -
However, nearly 60% of both generations ( Generation Z and the millennials) are concerned that social media is too public and that their posts could come back to haunt them. For Gen Z, this concern has changed its behavior: Members favor Snapchat in part because of the strict control over who can see their posts.
(identification in brackets are mine)

From - http://www.businessinsider.com/generati ... orldview-1
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

KingdomBuilder wrote:This is good, Lester. I try to make it a priority to shoot new members a hello message, but I can't deny that I often am only brought to the remembrance to do so whenever I see the new name a few times.. Should probably be more proactive.

I also realize that my hello may not mean very much... people joining are clearly interested in CA's/ CM's, both of which I am not and cannot speak for.
‘not sure if you were on MD? :?
one difference on MD was, new members’ first posts were open for all to welcome with an “Introduction” thread, many new members would share a lot, right then! - many would receive lots of replies, sometimes pages of replies.

evenso, many did just as you’re describing, post once or twice, then disappear, no matter response.
some would arrive and be active for a specific problem, once they received all they were interested in, they would go, sometimes with “thank you,” sometimes, just leaving.

it’s well to be welcoming in any case. the MD way, or MN way ..
but, understand, people may not respond as you wish. don’t take it personally. :)
they are welcome to return - and, that happens, too. :)

it is interesting that most are seeking conservative Anabaptist information, direction.
that has been consistent (in my observation.) i’m not sure why.

possibly one reason is that this forum is not colorful/flashy, the more liberal groups have quite a lot of internet presence that is more “with it,” that way. this forum seems to be interesting to readers/writers. (i’m not sure, just a guess.)

it was interesting to read the very early posts.
even those beginning doubted the longevity/active members/interest of the forum!
they were unsure if it would last a year, two years, three years!

it’s lasted well beyond original expectations/guesses. it was an internet experiment, young ones just playing around .. reading archives was a pleasant activity. i was impressed with some of the early discussions of scriptures, many were very good. it wasn’t all “fun+games.” plenty of that, but, lots of more serious thinking, studying, questioning, too.

having read some of that definitely influences my perspective on this forum.

i hope there always remains a youthful (esp CA/cA) membership. that was where the forum began, it seems fitting for that “demographic” to be an active part as time progresses. my hope. not sure how others feel.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

A couple more involvement stats -

Of 963 forum members, 115 have posted more than 1 post (12%)
795 of 963 have never made a post (83%)

Temporal1 mentioned the wives of posters perhaps being read only for some reason. My wife is one of these and I will check this out further and reply. Seems to me this was a technical issue in tb previous forum.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Sudsy wrote:A couple more involvement stats -

Temporal1 mentioned the wives of posters perhaps being read only for some reason. My wife is one of these and I will check this out further and reply. Seems to me this was a technical issue in tb previous forum.
i learned about wives reading-only when i had the good fortune to meet with a couple of cA wives IRL. they shared whole new perspectives on things! imagine that. 8-)
if i understood correctly, they read-only by choice, not a technical difficulty. :)
i think of this public forum as only a partial window into cA life. much goes on that is not represented here. i’m ok with that. :D
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

temporal1 wrote:
Sudsy wrote:A couple more involvement stats -

i learned about wives reading-only when i had the good fortune to meet with a couple of cA wives IRL. they shared whole new perspectives on things! imagine that. 8-)
if i understood correctly, they read-only by choice, not a technical difficulty. :)
i think of this public forum as only a partial window into cA life. much goes on that is not represented here. i’m ok with that. :D
I'm no modern day computer guru by any means even though I was a computer programmer back in the big IBM mainframe days even back when programs were entered through punched cards, so my wife and I are trying to obtain our own userids and access to this forum through our laptop and android. Seems to me we couldn't do that before when she tried on the old forum. We have our own separate e:mail accounts and I would think we should be able to both access this forum as individuals using the same computers.

So, she has just tried to register and we are awaiting an activation e:mail that the registering said was on it's way. It isn't the reading-only that is the problem but being able to individually post. She is from quite a different Christian background than myself and has followed these posts for years.

Perhaps Robert knows why the activation e:mail is delayed ?
0 x