Anomalies

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Anamolies

Post by Robert »

Not really an anomaly, but quite interesting.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/prehi ... -1.4421063
Researchers have discovered the bones of women dating back 7,000 years showed their arms were stronger than those of some of today's top female rowers, and that they may be due to their highly agricultural lifestyle.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Robert wrote:Not really an anomaly, but quite interesting.

Researchers have discovered the bones of women dating back 7,000 years showed their arms were stronger than those of some of today's top female rowers, and that they may be due to their highly agricultural lifestyle.
Early pictographs seem to depict women with slim arms:

0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Robert wrote:Not really an anomaly, but quite interesting.

This is born out by recent studies in which the trend is noted that those who do a steady daily routine of less strenuous exercise in any form are stronger/more fit than those who go through strenuous gym sessions a few times a week. The person who wrestles with livestock care and hand digs rocks from the ground daily is in a much better state than the gym-ophile who bench presses 250 lbs several times a week.

Btw, Robert: I liked the other spelling of the thread title: it fit the topic in a humorous way :lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
MaxPC

Re: Anomalies

Post by MaxPC »

Why do people like to pop bubble wrap?
Is it a substitute for cracking your knuckles?
Does it help release nervous tension or anxieties?

I know you can give bubble wrap to children and it will keep them occupied as long as there are unpopped bubbles. Why?
:roll:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

[video][/video]
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... 95801.html
Scientists just found a very huge, very young supermassive black hole. As far as we know, it shouldn't be able to exist, and it just might re-write our understanding of the early universe.

It is the most distant black hole ever seen by scientists. And it is so far away that we are seeing something that formed when the universe was only five per cent of its current age – something that scientists say shouldn't be able to happen.
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

[video][/video]
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

Replacing Darwin: The New Origin of Species
Since Darwin’s “On the Origin of Species” was published in 1859, entirely new fields of science have been born and matured – fields which hold the keys to the origin of species. With a Ph.D. in cell and developmental biology from Harvard, Dr. Nathaniel Jeanson is uniquely qualified to investigate what genetics reveals about origins, and has released his findings in the book “Replacing Darwin: The New Origin of Species.” From Master Books, “Replacing Darwin” offers a revolutionary approach to the study of origins with a potential impact as big as Darwin’s.
0 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Robert wrote:Image
Since Darwin’s “On the Origin of Species” was published in 1859, entirely new fields of science have been born and matured – fields which hold the keys to the origin of species. With a Ph.D. in cell and developmental biology from Harvard, Dr. Nathaniel Jeanson is uniquely qualified to investigate what genetics reveals about origins, and has released his findings in the book “Replacing Darwin: The New Origin of Species.” From Master Books, “Replacing Darwin” offers a revolutionary approach to the study of origins with a potential impact as big as Darwin’s.
Met a doctor a couple years ago that asked about my faith. In the conversation I shared it was because of the lack of science in evolution that helped me accept God and he said the opposite, that he was raised Christian but now because of science he is an unbeliever. Then he told me he was also back in school majoring in some big words that meant something like the biology of DNA. So I said excitedly, "You out of all people should understand the resistance that DNA has to change!" He furrowed his brow and said, " Yes, it has an incredible resistance!" And then he stared at me intently what seemed like he was expecting our conversation to continue in a battle of the minds about each of our faiths... I just stared at him and smiled. :wave: I still wonder if he ever seen the anomaly?
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Wade wrote:
Robert wrote:Image
Met a doctor a couple years ago that asked about my faith. In the conversation I shared it was because of the lack of science in evolution that helped me accept God and he said the opposite, that he was raised Christian but now because of science he is an unbeliever. Then he told me he was also back in school majoring in some big words that meant something like the biology of DNA. So I said excitedly, "You out of all people should understand the resistance that DNA has to change!" He furrowed his brow and said, " Yes, it has an incredible resistance!" And then he stared at me intently what seemed like he was expecting our conversation to continue in a battle of the minds about each of our faiths... I just stared at him and smiled. :wave: I still wonder if he ever seen the anomaly?
Great answer!
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)