Meanwhile, in Canada

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Re: Meanwhile, in Canada

Post by Hats Off »

Canada could potentially legalize recreational marijuana use by next July, the first large nation to do so. The scramble is on among the provinces in how to control its distribution. The provinces would be responsible to set up legal distribution channels in each respective province. One big question is how to keep teens from acquiring the product, since the minimum age will be 18, and large fines will be given to those who sell or give the drug to underage people. One concern is that plants grown outdoors could be stolen, so the idea of outlawing outdoor production is being considered. But that leaves the question of how landlords will deal with tenants who want to grow in rented housing. Some provinces may put a 1-meter high growth limit on plants to reduce the amount of plant available on the proposed four plants per person limit. Other provinces may require that all harvested marijuana be kept in locked boxes. All in all, the provinces are already preparing for legalization by next July, even though that may not happen as scheduled.
from Plain News.
And you think the US has problems!
0 x
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

Ken Ham is the keynote speaker in a homeschool conference in the Red Deer area this coming year. That is creating flack.

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-new ... -questions

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... schoolers/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/c ... -1.4392300

I suspect that this will be the next issue. Doesn't matter who pays for the material. It's child abuse to teach creation... :shock:
0 x
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

Hats Off wrote:
Canada could potentially legalize recreational marijuana use by next July, the first large nation to do so. The scramble is on among the provinces in how to control its distribution. The provinces would be responsible to set up legal distribution channels in each respective province. One big question is how to keep teens from acquiring the product, since the minimum age will be 18, and large fines will be given to those who sell or give the drug to underage people. One concern is that plants grown outdoors could be stolen, so the idea of outlawing outdoor production is being considered. But that leaves the question of how landlords will deal with tenants who want to grow in rented housing. Some provinces may put a 1-meter high growth limit on plants to reduce the amount of plant available on the proposed four plants per person limit. Other provinces may require that all harvested marijuana be kept in locked boxes. All in all, the provinces are already preparing for legalization by next July, even though that may not happen as scheduled.
from Plain News.
And you think the US has problems!
Makes me smile when I think of all the people that argued for legalizing the drug based on the fact that the war against drugs was not working and too expensive to regulate. But now they will try and regulate all these details? :roll: :roll:
1 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

For some reason when I read this, I kept thinking of that old Gospel song the children would sing in Sunday School, "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands"
[video][/video]
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

MaxPC wrote:For some reason when I read this, I kept thinking of that old Gospel song the children would sing in Sunday School, "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands"
[video][/video]
The other day when it was getting pretty dark, my 5 year old son says to me - "God is cl-o-o-o-sing his hand, it's getting dark". (While grinning and demonstrating by slowly closing his outstretched hand.)
He must have got the idea from this song.
1 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

RZehr wrote:
MaxPC wrote:For some reason when I read this, I kept thinking of that old Gospel song the children would sing in Sunday School, "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands"
[video][/video]
The other day when it was getting pretty dark, my 5 year old son says to me - "God is cl-o-o-o-sing his hand, it's getting dark". (While grinning and demonstrating by slowly closing his outstretched hand.)
He must have got the idea from this song.
That's a precious and delightful thought from the mind of an innocent of God, RZehr. I really appreciate you sharing that. :hug:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Canadian daycare: :mrgreen:
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

It was hard to decide which thread for this.

Mennonite Girls Can Cook / Western Canada - 10 years and ending. :)
http://www.mennonitegirlscancook.ca/

It’s always sad to see positives end. But, understandable. They did a nice job with their blog.

If someone can recall other threads/posts on this group, i would appreciate a reminder.
i’m thinking they were on MD.

Maybe one recent, when they earned respectful notice from a famous chef (i do not recall which one) - that one might be here on MN.

Now. Fare-thee-well, ladies. Nice work. :D
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Signtist
Affiliation: Midwest

Post by Signtist »

Meanwhile in Ontario... Doug Ford reverses sex ed curriculum
1 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Signtist wrote:Meanwhile in Ontario... Doug Ford reverses sex ed curriculum
Could they rewind it a bit further........

J.M.
1 x
:hug: