Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Meanwhile, in Canada

Post by temporal1 »

i don’t believe this thread has been added before:

Medically assisted death in a church
http://forum.mennonet.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4718
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

St. Joseph Catholic High School in Ontario, Canada

THE OFFICER TATUM / High School Student ARRESTED For Saying There's Only Two Genders / 12min
🇨🇦 ✏️ Description:
Catholic “High School Student ARRESTED For Saying There's Only Two Genders:
Josh Alexander, a 16-year-old high school junior at St. Joseph Catholic High School in Ontario, Canada has been in the news since November when he was suspended from school for organizing and leading a protest against transgender bathrooms at his school.

Earlier this month, Alexander was arrested for returning to school grounds and attempting to attend class after the school told him his attendance would be “detrimental to the physical and mental well-being” of transgender students.“

i enjoy THE OFFICER TATUM’s enthusiasm for JOSH ALEXANDER, 16 years young.
i persist in believing these ADULT burdens should not fall on the shoulders of children+teens.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

^^He got his interview: :wave:

THE OFFICER TATUM / EXLUSIVE INTERVIEW With Josh Alexander | Young Men Need to STEP UP / -30min
🇨🇦 ✏️ Description:
“Watch the full video of his arrest/activism HERE:
• High School Stude...

Josh Alexander is a 16-year-old high school junior at St. Joseph Catholic High School in Ontario, Canada has been in the news since November when he was suspended from school for organizing and leading a protest against transgender bathrooms at his school.
Earlier this month, Alexander was arrested for returning to school grounds and attempting to attend class after the school told him his attendance would be “detrimental to the physical and mental well-being” of transgender students.”
i’m not personally fond of organized political blocs, OR, pushing ADULT problems/decisions onto teens/minors.
i appreciate the spirit of these two young men in this interview.

caution for not becoming like those with whom you disagree. it can be tricky to avoid it.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

🇨🇦 Interesting informal discussion between 2 believing men with different experiences, agreeing+disagreeing while enjoying each other’s company. i’m new to DORRE LOVE (an anchor baby Canadian citizen) raised in the U.S., now working in Toronto [MINISTRY OF LOVE]. Name inspired by Acts 6:4

(To me) Dorre Love looks younger than he must be, given his various life’s experiences. Example, he describes his mother traveling from the U.S. to Canada for his birth/citizenship, because, at the time, the U.S. had a military draft.

i enjoy learning about how different people live out their faith.

JESSE LEE PETERSON (JLP) with DORRE LOVE / “Ministry of the Word's Dorre Love Joins Jesse!” (Ep. 319) / 58min
Description:
On this week's episode of TheFallenState TV, host Jesse Lee Peterson is joined by Dorre Love—He is a street preacher, evangelist, and founder of the Ministry of the Word.

Originally from California but now based out of Canada, Dorre is best known for his intense and fearless encounters with LGBT and Muslims while out on the streets preaching the Word.

He and Jesse discuss the challenges of navigating today's society and how embracing spirituality can bring about positive change.
They touch on street preaching, anger, marriage, Muslims, forgiveness, mess, and much more!
Tune in on Friday at 12 Noon Pacific Time / 3:00 PM Eastern Time to catch our Premiere!

How to find Dorre - @ministryoftheword64:
YouTube:

/ @ministryoftheword64
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lovedorre/
Support Dorre's ministry: https://donorbox.org/to-spread-the-go...

00:00 Start
00:25 Guest Intro
01:00 Welcome to The Fallen State!
01:27 Dorre Love
01:50 How long has Dorre been street preaching?
02:24 God called Dorre to street preach
03:34 Why preach on the street and not in a building?
05:16 What is the purpose of street preaching?
06:05 Has Dorre saved any souls on the street?
06:57 Evil people want you to validate them
07:39 “They’re unruly heathens” 😂
09:01 The LGBT are being elevated above everyone else
10:23 Does Dorre love the Muslims?
11:35 Is Dorre concerned that the Muslims might go after him?
12:18 Are human beings in a fallen state?
12:48 Dorre does not get angry anymore
13:18 Has Dorre forgiven his mother?
13:43 Has Dorre forgiven his father?
15:10 Is it illegal to street preach in Canada?
16:55 Is Dorre willing to go to jail for his ministry?
18:56 Who’s worse Trudeau or Biden?
20:40 Is Jesus God or the son of God?
28:10 When Dorre started preaching he didn’t think Jesus was God
30:06 Would God call a woman to preach?
31:10 Dorre is divorced and has 4 girls
31:50 What’s wrong with the black community?
34:33 Black people just want to be athletes and entertainers
35:56 JLP talks about the black community before the Civil Rights movement
36:55 Dorre agrees with JLP
38:02 Canadian blacks vs American blacks
40:20 Do black people in Canada believe in racism?
42:06 Was Dorre ever a liberal?
43:27 The Great White Hope makes a cameo
44:34 What is a man?
44:59 Should transgender men be allowed to play in women’s sports?
45:30 Should women be allowed to play in men’s sports?
49:16 JLP completely disagrees with Dorre
50:23 Should women coach men’s sports?
51:29 What is love?
52:05 Would Dorre ever marry a woman who does not obey?
52:58 What can be done to save the blacks?
54:06 🔥 THE HOT SEAT 🔥
55:45 How to find Dorre’s work
57:08 Credits
✝️ JLP provokes thought.
✝️ Acts 6:4
“3Therefore, brothers, select from among you seven men confirmed to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will appoint this responsibility to them

4and will devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word.”

5This proposal pleased the whole group. They chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, as well as Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas from Antioch, a convert to Judaism”…
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

JORDAN B. PETERSON

Jordan B. Peterson / website
https://www.jordanbpeterson.com/

Jordan B. Peterson / youtube
https://www.youtube.com/@JordanBPeterson/about

CBC / “Ontario court rules against Jordan Peterson, upholds social media training order”
“Court released decision Wednesday, Peterson says he will take the training and broadcast it”
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.6943845

Daily Wire Hosts React to Ontario's Ruling on Jordan Peterson / 14:22min
🇨🇦✏️ Description:
“Ontario Divisional Court judges upheld the College of Psychologists of Ontario's requirement for Jordan Peterson to undergo
social media training.

They are threatening to revoke his psychology license if he doesn't comply.
What will he do?”

Daily Wire hosts: (alphabetical)
Andrew Klavan
Michael Knowles
Ben Shapiro
Matt Walsh
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

1 month ago

WHOA. wow. strong opinions out of Canada.

Jordan Peterson: The radical Left is guilt-tripping the West into oblivion / 1hr 26min
🇨🇦 ✏️ Description:
Dr Jordan Peterson discusses how to win the culture war, with insights from Soviet and Nazi dissidents who stood up against tyranny and compares their struggles with clampdowns on free speech today. He sits down with The Telegraph’s Steven Edginton in a wide-ranging discussion from why Britain was a miracle for the world to if he is addicted to Twitter:

On the culture wars:

“The right lacks vision. They play a rearguard game. They don't have a compelling story to tell young people. And because they're conscientious, conservatives are conscientious, it's easy to hoist them on the petard of guilt. And the psychopathic narcissists of the radical left are unbelievably good at that.”

On the personal versus the political:

“I think you have to get your psychological house in order before you can be even remotely effective politically in the fundamental sense. Otherwise, you're just a tool of ideology or your own ego.”

On Britain:

“English common law is a complete bloody miracle … what a phenomenal accomplishment. And so, yes, I think that makes Britain singular and worthy of tremendous admiration … It's a country that's suffering from far too much guilt at the moment.”

On Twitter:

“Twitter isn't optional, it's how I sample the culture. Is it a biased sample? Probably.”

On slavery:

“It was the British who decided hands down that slavery was wrong and then did something about it. And that is documented historical reality.”

On the EU and France:

“A lot of the centralising tendency that's characteristic of the EU can be laid at the foot of the same spirit that motivated the French, the French revolutionaries … I see the French Revolution in itself as a reflection of something deeper, which is the continuing manifestation of the spirit of Cain.”

In the last 10 min or so, he addresses a question i’ve had for years .. i.e., how common has it been in history for (the many) world cultures with slaves to make formal+legal decisions to free them, recognize them as citizens, et al.? My guess has been it’s uncommon, if not rare. JBP speaks to it from his studied pov. And, of course, a lot more.

i enjoyed STEVEN EDGINTON as the interviewer. Nice work.

On this, in particular, i would relish a discussion between JBP and THOMAS SOWELL. TEMPUS FUGIT

So, JBP is in Canada’s social media jail: :shock:
0 x

UNKNOWN
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

temporal1 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:38 amIn the last 10 min or so, he addresses a question i’ve had for years .. i.e., how common has it been in history for (the many) world cultures with slaves to make formal+legal decisions to free them, recognize them as citizens, et al.? My guess has been it’s uncommon, if not rare. JBP speaks to it from his studied pov. And, of course, a lot more.
It usually comes at the point of a gun after violent revolution.

The US Civil War
The Russian Revolution (Russian serfs were quasi-slaves). Russian history is complicated and bloody, but slavery was a part of it.
The Haitian revolution
Endless slave revolts in Brazil

In fact, the British experience is more the exception to the rule, but that also came after an endless string of slave revolts and rebellions in Jamaica, Barbados, the British Virgin Islands, and so forth. And in Great Britain it was probably as much to do with the industrial revolution as anything related to liberal ideology. England was the first country to industrialize and therefore the first country in which industrialists began to supplant colonial slave planters as the main economic power. And consequently sought to break the trade monopolies that West Indies planters had. Eventually the British slaveholding colonies in the Caribbean became more of an economic burden than economic engine and the British public tired of propping them up through military spending and tariff support.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

Ken, the character of British emancipation was different from the American version in many ways but don't forget the most amazing (in my opinion) detail. In the British version reparations were paid to the slaveholders to compensate for their loss of the privilege of enslaving, but nothing to the enslaved. This meant descendants of the enslaved were paying taxes to service debt incurred by the crown to compensate their tormentors. This debt extended well into the 20th century. In an ethical sense British slavery was never renounced, only bought out by the crown.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

barnhart wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:11 pm Ken, the character of British emancipation was different from the American version in many ways but don't forget the most amazing (in my opinion) detail. In the British version reparations were paid to the slaveholders to compensate for their loss of the privilege of enslaving, but nothing to the enslaved. This meant descendants of the enslaved were paying taxes to service debt incurred by the crown to compensate their tormentors. This debt extended well into the 20th century. In an ethical sense British slavery was never renounced, only bought out by the crown.
That seems preferrable to a civil war... and in any case, the actual people paying those taxes were probably wealthy people who pay the lions' share of taxes, not the descendants of slaves who (if the narrative about poverty is to be believed) are poorer and don't owe as much (if any) taxes.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

barnhart wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:11 pm Ken, the character of British emancipation was different from the American version in many ways but don't forget the most amazing (in my opinion) detail. In the British version reparations were paid to the slaveholders to compensate for their loss of the privilege of enslaving, but nothing to the enslaved. This meant descendants of the enslaved were paying taxes to service debt incurred by the crown to compensate their tormentors. This debt extended well into the 20th century. In an ethical sense British slavery was never renounced, only bought out by the crown.
Same thing happened with Haiti. The French manipulated international law to force Haiti to pay reparations for two centuries.

'The Greatest Heist In History': How Haiti Was Forced To Pay Reparations For Freedom : https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2021 ... -for-freed
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr