horrible earthly things

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

horrible earthly things

Post by temporal1 »

Kentucky woman charged with murder in death of (her) newborn girl
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... wborn-girl

In this case, from reported details, a charge of Involuntary Manslaughter seems more fitting than Murder. The mother was a very troubled woman before and during pregnancy. i’m not readng anything that shows this mother deliberately killed her infant. of course, all details are not reported.

There are cases of mothers who deliberately kill their newborns, usually young women, teens, or children, in very disturbing situations. This year, there was a case in the university near me, a student gave birth in a dormitory, killed the infant in the bathroom.

i am distraught for the infant! but, also for the mother!
what state of mind would cause such?!

From what i read, most people are brutal and condemn these mothers, without restraint.
i am not so unforgiving, knowing, from the moment of conception, hormones erupt, massive changes that are required to create+produce new life “take over;” this continues for months after giving birth .. when all is well, “mothering” hormones contribute to the mother caring for and nurturing her infant.

But things don’t always go well.
there are physical/emotional problems, post-partum depression is widely recognized, but, much of what goes on remains a mystery. if the mother already had a psychosis, abused drugs, was terrified of family or social repercussions, afraid/ignorant, all these things contribute to: making horrible decisions.

Compare these troubled individuals with for-profit corporate abortion, and, for-profit sales of human body parts. [To me, there is no comparison.] The latter is undeniably premeditated murder, the perpetrators are funded+protected by taxpayers, many enjoy wealthy privileged lives.

i would like to see a moratorium on these individual cases until the for-profit industry is (at least) removed from access to the public treasury.

there are different forum members who work, or have worked, with prison ministries.

as this woman’s life is, maybe prison is a better place for her?
i know someone whose daughter behaves similarly to this woman, she is diagnosed with schizophrenia.
her mother is grateful when she’s in prison. there, she is relatively safe, has a bed, food, medication.
she has been in mental hospitals. they treat her, she improves, they release her, she ends up back on the streets.

our “system” has decided the mentally ill have a human right to “freely” die in gutters.
i.e., if they don’t become criminally insane and end up killing others and/or themselves in the process.
by numbers, my perception is, most harm themselves, those who become violent are reported in headlines.

but, there are almost always plentiful red flags ignored before violence; their rights are carefully protected until they become violent. then everyone asks, “how could this happen?!”

we remain really-really bad at identifying+responding to mental illness.
i see no change coming on the horizon.

on the other hand, with for-profit, premeditated corporate abortion, there are no contributing factors of mental illness, or hormonal imbalance, etc.. it’s as cold+grisly as can be imagined. it’s business.

until THAT ^^^ is addressed, i would like to see a moratorium on these isolated cases of very troubled women. those who have worked in prison ministries may have witnessed cases like this.

This thread is about “horrible earthly things;” it does not need to be about these sorts of cases.
hopefully, it may lead to ideas for responses;
hopefully, it will encourage prayers for divine guidance.
John 14:13
…12 Truly, truly, I tell you, whoever believes in Me will also do the works that I am doing.
He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

13 And I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.…
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: horrible earthly things

Post by MaxPC »

Indeed: there is much to grieve, much to pray over and much to entrust to the Lord. :pray
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Josh:
“I have certain questions about the "ethical norms" of people who think, for example, that abortion is OK. Who exactly decides what is ethical?”

Hats Off:
”They" do.

See Trump Poll, Page 2:
http://forum.mennonet.com/viewtopic.php ... 9&start=10
Josh’s question reminded of this thread.
Specifically, For-profit-corporate-abortion appears to be considered ethical by many; so much so, they favor government protections and funding for it .. it’s part of the DNC party platform. :shock:

however, any individual circumstance that results in abortion consistently receives the harshest judgments imaginable. no penalty seems too harsh.

(i continue to think) a moratorium on these individual cases should be enacted until the corporate level is addressed. i do not believe the individual cases are many, whereas the corporate “head count” is large.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Trump is first president to address March for Life
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavl ... e-n2435790

in other years, many gathered, while the mainstream ignored them.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Of particular note is the Trump used to be pro abortion (back when he was a notorious playboy) but changed his position a decade ago - and not for political reasons.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote:Of particular note is the Trump used to be pro abortion (back when he was a notorious playboy) but changed his position a decade ago - and not for political reasons.
i did not know that.
but, in office, i believe it is importanted for elected+appointed representatives to reflect (represent) not dictate.

example: JFK was Catholic.
it was important for him to represent the people, not to transform the U.S. into a Catholic country.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Colorado

“Colorado Mom Convicted of Murder for Smothering Newborn and Tossing Body Over Fence”
https://mb.ntd.com/colorado-mom-convict ... 74334.html
.. She faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison without parole, and the sentencing is set for Nov. 15.
Individuals are harshly judged+sentenced, while for-profit corporations are legally protected and funded out of the Public Treasury.

Alabama

“Alabama: Baby Roe’s Estate”
http://forum.mennonet.com/viewtopic.php ... rium#p5061
i wrote:
Moratorium-talk. :-|
i’ve had this view for some years now. it’s been mentioned on this forum.

In my view, the case for it gets stronger as the DNC pushes harder to protect+enable
FOR PROFIT CORPORATE “elimination” of existing human life. :-|

They are very specific, this is to be a profitable corporate endeavor,
OR, it’s a heinous crime by individuals.

Page 1 / horrble earthly things
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=878&p=22161&hilit=moratorium&sid=a94be53c5ad448c0528f6dbf23861dbf#p22161

Page 2 / NY Set to Legalize Abortion up to Birth
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1803&p=47942&hilit=moratorium&sid=a94be53c5ad448c0528f6dbf23861dbf#p47942
“NY Set to Legalize Abortion Up to Birth”
http://forum.mennonet.com/viewtopic.php ... ium#p47942
0 x

UNKNOWN
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

Josh wrote:Of particular note is the Trump used to be pro abortion (back when he was a notorious playboy) but changed his position a decade ago - and not for political reasons.
I was aware of the change, but hadn't heard that this didn't come from political reasons. Here is a typical story that fits what I've heard: https://qz.com/1623437/trump-shifted-fr ... ntial-run/

Trump does make the usual exceptions:
As most people know, and for those who would like to know, I am strongly Pro-Life, with the three exceptions - Rape, Incest and protecting the Life of the mother - the same position taken by Ronald Reagan.

8:37 PM - 18 May 2019
0 x