Hebrew school for children (?)

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Re: Hebrew school for children (?)

Post by Valerie »

temporal1 wrote:
Valerie wrote: Keith Green was one of my favorite Jews for Jesus- he died in a plane crash with one child, when he was only 28 :-( but his wife Melanie went on to carry the torch it seems, didn't really follow her so much but there is a growing no. of Jewish converts-
although these days, it's getting real 'mixed up' in a lot of ways, trying to combine Judaism with Christianity -
this book I found really interesting, by the Co-Founder of Jews for Jesus (please don't throw stones that he ended up going Orthodox but this is a really good read if you're interested in these conversions)
but he was instrumental about teaching the progression from the faith that was started by the Jews & fulfilled in the Church-
which helped us understand a lot- can also order it from your local library to save $.

http://store.ancientfaith.com/surprised-by-christ/
thank you. i must make a note for my library visits.
i’m not forum admin or mod, so will not pick up stones. :)

i know even less about Jews than Catholics or EO!
but, i am thoughtful about how life must have been for Jesus in synagogues. so far, in my mind, Jesus was the notable first+core (reformer?) .. His first mission field was Jews, in their own synagogues! what courage!

i will trust others to correct me, i know so little.

coincidentally, i just noticed this page, it’s all-new to me:
“Welcome To The Isaiah 58 “True Fast” “
https://secure.ifcj.org/site/SPageNavig ... 1710XXESFP

International Fellowship of Christians and Jews
http://www.ifcj.org/
It is curious to me- this present day fascination with Jews and it is really puzzling to hear people call them the 'elect' again. I think there is confusion- probably because of Scofield Bible interpretations & their spread- however- reading the Old Testament is very important to understanding who Christ was as "the Word" before His incarnation, and His fulfillment of prophecies- which is really how the Jewish Apostles, began the Church to all the countries they took the Gospel message to- yet the Jewish people today are divided into many sects, as they were in Jesus time of minstry and going to the lost sheep of Israel. And I wonder- about if the fulness of the Gentiles has come- or close to it-

International Fellowship of Christians and Jews is partnering them, the one who started this has a tremendous heart for his Jewish people, and he has been advertising for support for a long time to help the Jews get back to Israel.
It's not easy to discern all of this to me-because it still seems that they lost their land because the Old Covenant was replaced by the New Covenant, and that through Christ- a rejection of Christ means that they are no longer the elect- at least that is what the Scriptures teach, while they can still be grafted in again, it must be through Christ, not Old Covenant and not by heritage-
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Hebrew school for children (?)

Post by temporal1 »

Valerie wrote: It is curious to me- this present day fascination with Jews and it is really puzzling to hear people call them the 'elect' again. I think there is confusion- probably because of Scofield Bible interpretations & their spread-

however- reading the Old Testament is very important to understanding who Christ was as "the Word" before His incarnation, and His fulfillment of prophecies-
which is really how the Jewish Apostles, began the Church to all the countries they took the Gospel message to-

yet the Jewish people today are divided into many sects,
as they were in Jesus time of minstry and going to the lost sheep of Israel. And I wonder- about if the fulness of the Gentiles has come- or close to it-

International Fellowship of Christians and Jews is partnering them, the one who started this has a tremendous heart for his Jewish people, and he has been advertising for support for a long time to help the Jews get back to Israel.

It's not easy to discern all of this to me-
because it still seems that they lost their land because the Old Covenant was replaced by the New Covenant, and that through Christ-
a rejection of Christ means that they are no longer the elect- :-|
at least that is what the Scriptures teach, while they can still be grafted in again,
:arrow: it must be through Christ, not Old Covenant and not by heritage-
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN