Guess Who I Met

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Re: Guess Who I Met

Post by steve-in-kville »

mike wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:06 pm
steve-in-kville wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:35 pm I had the undeniable privilege of meeting the the one and only mike. We spent a few minutes trading conspiracy theories about the food industry ;)
It was great to meet. Now if only he had agreed to sneak a couple pallets of canning lids onto my truck, it would have been a perfect day.
Next time. There were too many bosses hovering around (or people who think they're bosses 8-) )
2 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Signtist
Affiliation: Midwest

Post by Signtist »

Chatted with Lesterb's widow for a few minutes on Sunday.
1 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

joshuabgood wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:52 am Thanks for the update Wayne. And below is a song that reminds me of this thread, written by the Lancaster County Amish's own native son, Conrad Fisher, currently the number 1 song in bluegrass, I've still got some living left to do.

These guys are pretty good in person. I don't think I will ever hear this song without thinking of Wayne.
2 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

My son had a friend at the house last weekend who I learned was the grandson of the late sullymusic of mennodiscuss.com days. It reminded me of Sylvan's paper on worship and music in conservative Mennonite churches, and I dug around in my email and found it and read through it again. I don't know whether Sylvan ever had it published anywhere but it would be worth someone editing it and giving it some broader exposure. He had some really good things to say about the quality of the worship music in conservative Mennonite churches.
2 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

mike wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:51 am My son had a friend at the house last weekend who I learned was the grandson of the late sullymusic of mennodiscuss.com days. It reminded me of Sylvan's paper on worship and music in conservative Mennonite churches, and I dug around in my email and found it and read through it again. I don't know whether Sylvan ever had it published anywhere but it would be worth someone editing it and giving it some broader exposure.

He had some really good things to say about the quality of the worship music in conservative Mennonite churches.

by some coincidence, i just stumbled upon a 2012 email from sullymusic - on his paper. MrJim wanted to meet sully, i don’t believe he did. not sure.

2012. it seems like a different world, doesn’t it? before the pandemic, and so many other things. it appears the pandemic will mark a historical world milestone, whether it should or not. in ways far beyond medicine. whether it should or not.

does anyone know about sully’s interaction with the MD member/musician in Moscow?
(i had the idea they continued to keep in touch off forum.) not sure.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
GaryK
Affiliation: Unaffiliated

Post by GaryK »

We enjoyed having Outsider join us for our church service and fellowship meal today.
1 x
Outsider
Affiliation: Church of Christ

Post by Outsider »

GaryK wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:49 pm We enjoyed having Outsider join us for our church service and fellowship meal today.
I enjoyed being there!
0 x
1 Peter 4:11
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God;

Hebrews 1:14
Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

ya'll should come down and visit me in Pepsi land. :mrgreen:
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Outsider
Affiliation: Church of Christ

Post by Outsider »

Soloist wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:20 pm ya'll should come down and visit me in Pepsi land. :mrgreen:
Can't find it on waze! :laugh
0 x
1 Peter 4:11
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God;

Hebrews 1:14
Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

I met Frodo at church yesterday. I admonished him, as a brother in the Lord, to post more often.
2 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3