Guess Who I Met

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Guess Who I Met

Post by MaxPC »

ohio jones wrote:Enjoyed a jam session with AnthonyMartin and joshuabgood tonight at Anthony's church retreat, preceded and followed by good conversation.
Grape, strawberry or raspberry? :mrgreen:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
AnthonyMartin
Affiliation: LMC

Post by AnthonyMartin »

ohio jones wrote:Enjoyed a jam session with AnthonyMartin and joshuabgood tonight at Anthony's church retreat, preceded and followed by good conversation.
It was great to meet you and our congregation enjoyed the music and conversation, thanks so much!
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Finally had the opportunity to meet veteran MD lurker danfreed tonight.
3 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
danfreed
Affiliation: MtValleyMenno/Faith

Post by danfreed »

Such a blessing for me to meet OJ, and learn some fascinating anabaptist / reformation history as well.

Thanks for the opportunity.
2 x
My spiritual perspectives are Jesus-centered, evangelical anabaptist, New Testament Bible based...
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

The old-timers from MD will remember Eugene. I spent an evening with him earlier this week, which included an urban walking tour, nonstop conversation, and a nice meal. We did not eat any Frankfurters (but observed some in their native habitat), instead sampling the local specialty of Grüne Soße.
2 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

ohio jones wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:18 pm The old-timers from MD will remember Eugene. I spent an evening with him earlier this week, which included an urban walking tour, nonstop conversation, and a nice meal. We did not eat any Frankfurters (but observed some in their native habitat), instead sampling the local specialty of Grüne Soße.
Mit Apfelwein?
1 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

ohio jones wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:18 pm The old-timers from MD will remember Eugene. I spent an evening with him earlier this week, which included an urban walking tour, nonstop conversation, and a nice meal. We did not eat any Frankfurters (but observed some in their native habitat), instead sampling the local specialty of Grüne Soße.

how were your flights? what is Eugene doing in Germany? will he be checking in on MN? :D
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

Here's the second story in a few days of unlikely meet-ups.

At a farm outside the big village of Tisilwa, Illinois (pop. 780), I met a young man who is biking across the US. He asked me and my wife, "Are you Daniel Foxvog's parents."

Turns out this was Tyler, who was our son Daniel's housemate in graduate school in Virginia.

The backstory makes it a little more probable. The biker was part of a Mennonite climate change action group. The farm was Hungry World Farm (https://www.hungryworldfarm.com/), organized by Mennonites, and the potluck dinner we were at was announced at the local Mennonite Church. And the school was EMU. A small Mennonite world!

An even stranger story that relates to me. A few days ago, my brother Doug was at Great Falls Park in Maryland. A man called out to him, "Are you Jim Foxvog?" Doug answered "No." As the man was turning away Doug answered, "I'm Doug Foxvog, Jim Foxvog's brother." Turns out the man was David M., one of our volunteers at Jubilee Partners in Comer Georgia in 1980. David told Doug that in addition to the facial resemblance, hiking on the rocks barefoot and barechested convinced him that Doug was probably me.

[youtube][/youtube]
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

I had the undeniable privilege of meeting the the one and only mike. We spent a few minutes trading conspiracy theories about the food industry ;)
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

steve-in-kville wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:35 pm I had the undeniable privilege of meeting the the one and only mike. We spent a few minutes trading conspiracy theories about the food industry ;)
It was great to meet. Now if only he had agreed to sneak a couple pallets of canning lids onto my truck, it would have been a perfect day.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3