Guess Who I Met

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Re: Guess Who I Met

Post by ken_sylvania »

lesterb wrote:
Signtist wrote:when my wife asked, "What did you talk about?" and I answered truthfully, she says, "What!? With them!!!!!!?????"
8-) Wives... :roll:

They always want to know what we talked about. When you try to get it together, it just doesn't sound as interesting as it was the first time around. Sort a standard response might be, "You spent two hours together land just talked about that?"

Sort of deflating. :-|
I feel soooo sorry for you.
Now you understand why apostle Paul thought it's better for us single men to stay that way...
0 x
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

Just for the record, I also enjoyed meeting up with the two of you last evening. Thank you for including me.
0 x
Signtist
Affiliation: Midwest

Post by Signtist »

In one way or another last evening we discussed: Religion, Politics, Ethics, Business, Psychology, History, Medicine, The Arts, Education and more!
0 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Signtist wrote:In one way or another last evening we discussed: Religion, Politics, Ethics, Business, Psychology, History, Medicine, The Arts, Education and more!
Sounds like a very interesting evening!
0 x
Signtist
Affiliation: Midwest

Post by Signtist »

Appleman and I have spent some time together here and there. Never have I deemed our time spent together as wasted. Lester i only knew as the dad to some folks I went to school with and an author in some church periodicals.

I appreciate both of them. No subject is off limits, and as someone who has seen somewhat less of life than both of them I can learn a lot if I remember to listen.
0 x
Wayne in Maine
Location: Slightly above sea level, in the dear old State of Maine
Affiliation: Yielded

Post by Wayne in Maine »

My family spent the holiday weekend with our future in-laws and with Michael Harris and family (who is not yet re-signed up on MennoNet).
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Wayne in Maine wrote:My family spent the holiday weekend with our future in-laws and with Michael Harris and family (who is not yet re-signed up on MennoNet).
cause for happy congratulations. :hug:
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

Well, I saw a Mennonite family at a restaurant yesterday. That's a bit of joy for someone who lives far from any Mennonite churches :roll: :D
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Said "hi" to Dan Z today when our paths crossed for a few minutes.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

Had the privilege of spending some time over the last few days with MikeF and some of his delightful family. Always good to reconnect even if the time was too short.
0 x