Guess Who I Met

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Re: Guess Who I Met

Post by appleman2006 »

ohio jones wrote:
appleman2006 wrote:It was great to finally meet Ohio Jones for just a little bit this weekend in Indiana. I can now put a face with his posts.
It was a pleasure, as was the musical program. I probably do look a little different without the hat.
:D
0 x
ShantyShaker
Affiliation: BMA

Post by ShantyShaker »

I didn't get to shake his hand, but Dan Z gave a talk at our BMA convention this afternoon.
0 x
Former user name: C&MJ
ShantyShaker

Post by ShantyShaker »

ShantyShaker wrote:I didn't get to shake his hand, but Dan Z gave a talk at our BMA convention this afternoon.
I did make sure to shake his hand this morning after he preached for us. Glad to finally meet in person!
0 x
Dan Z
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Dan Z »

ShantyShaker wrote:
ShantyShaker wrote:I didn't get to shake his hand, but Dan Z gave a talk at our BMA convention this afternoon.
I did make sure to shake his hand this morning after he preached for us. Glad to finally meet in person!
I thoroughly enjoyed the event!

I’m glad we connected as well – although you didn’t tell me you were shantyshaker at the time. Dark hair and dark beard near the podium?

I also met Mountain Merle and Paul Yates at the conference (I got to know Paul’s dad Truthseeker through MennoDiscuss - miss him). I expect they were a few others who didn’t identify themselves. And there were a fewBMA folks that I was hoping would be there but weren’t.

Good times.
0 x
joshuabgood

Post by joshuabgood »

I would have liked to be there and almost made a trip down for Sunday...but the weekend came sandwiched between two other trips that I couldn't miss and felt like to heavy a lift for the family. Really liked that Orthopraxy/Orthodoxy scale though and casting them as things that could be held simultaneously rather than in conflict with each other.
0 x
ShantyShaker

Post by ShantyShaker »

Dan Z wrote:
ShantyShaker wrote:
I thoroughly enjoyed the event!

I’m glad we connected as well – although you didn’t tell me you were shantyshaker at the time. Dark hair and dark beard near the podium?

I also met Mountain Merle and Paul Yates at the conference (I got to know Paul’s dad Truthseeker through MennoDiscuss - miss him). I expect they were a few others who didn’t identify themselves. And there were a fewBMA folks that I was hoping would be there but weren’t.

Good times.
Yes, you've got the right guy in mind.
We're also connected on Facebook, so you had my given name to go by.
0 x
Mountain Merle
Affiliation: Redneck Mennonite

Post by Mountain Merle »

I'm actually not a BMA member, but they didn't seem to have redneck detectors at the doors so I made it in for the Sat. afternoon sessions. It was a privilege to hear Dan Z. speak and shake his hand afterwards. I've only been following the forum here for a month and didn't know Dan before, but have begun to recognize his comments as ones of reason. He gave what I thought was a very balanced and charitable talk on the differences between Evangelicalism and Anabaptism.
0 x
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

I enjoyed eating lunch with Ohio Jones and his mother this afternoon.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

appleman2006 wrote:While it was a bit intimidating I enjoyed having Lester in my Sunday School class last Sunday. It was a pleasant surprise to see him walk in and I appreciated his participation.
Got to see Lester's son and family briefly today.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Enjoyed a jam session with AnthonyMartin and joshuabgood tonight at Anthony's church retreat, preceded and followed by good conversation.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited