Guess Who I Met

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Re: Guess Who I Met

Post by mike »

appleman2006 wrote:Had the privilege of spending some time over the last few days with MikeF and some of his delightful family. Always good to reconnect even if the time was too short.
We enjoyed being introduced to the fine Swiss Chalet restaurants in Ontario by Mr and Mrs Appleman, and also a very short tour of his family's state-of-the-art apple processing facility.

Also got to say hello briefly to Signtist and family. We were in the area for a funeral and so all connections were far too short, but still nice to see some old and new faces.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Signtist
Affiliation: Midwest

Post by Signtist »

Going thru a food line together is just barely "meeting"! But I am glad that you were the only person from your church qualified to make the trip north.
0 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Signtist wrote:But I am glad that you were the only person from your church qualified to make the trip north.
What did the rest of his church do to you to rate this kind of rejection??? :? :?
0 x
mike

Post by mike »

ken_sylvania wrote:
Signtist wrote:But I am glad that you were the only person from your church qualified to make the trip north.
What did the rest of his church do to you to rate this kind of rejection??? :? :?
I assume there is some kind of typo in Signtist's post? The father of one of our friends from church passed away, and my wife and I were the only ones with passports, and thus the only ones from our church who could go to the funeral.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Signtist

Post by Signtist »

Well Mike made it sound like if anyone else had a passport, he and his family and would not have come to show their support. And then I would not have met him. Which would be sad. So I am happy no one else made the trek and as a result I got to meet him. I will say, if his whole church would have shown up I would not have turned them away! Just glad I got to meet him is all.
0 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Signtist wrote:Well Mike made it sound like if anyone else had a passport, he and his family and would not have come to show their support. And then I would not have met him. Which would be sad. So I am happy no one else made the trek and as a result I got to meet him. I will say, if his whole church would have shown up I would not have turned them away! Just glad I got to meet him is all.
Now I understand! :D :lol:
0 x
mike

Post by mike »

Signtist wrote:Well Mike made it sound like if anyone else had a passport, he and his family and would not have come to show their support. And then I would not have met him. Which would be sad. So I am happy no one else made the trek and as a result I got to meet him. I will say, if his whole church would have shown up I would not have turned them away! Just glad I got to meet him is all.
Ah, I get you. I shouldn't have left the impression that that was the only reason we came. We all wanted to come. But the fact that we were the only ones who could meant for us that we really must go.

By the way that was probably the coldest burial I have ever attended. There were driving wind and freezing temps and it snowed sideways some of the time. It was heart-warming to see the number of Canadians (and Americans) who stood there for quite a while during the service and burial. And the singing was strong too. Speaks well for Mr Martin that his funeral was literally standing room only.
0 x
Signtist

Post by Signtist »

I've said it before, the service would have met with his approval for sure. I know they cautioned us to remain sober at lunch, but he enjoyed moments of levity as much or perhaps more than the rest of us. He would have approved of people sitting around and visiting, meeting new folks, and even sharing a few jokes. All in all, the day was a fitting way to honor his life.
0 x
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

On Sunday morning I had the privilege of worshiping with Undershepherd, PaulY and at least on other former MD member who I for get his screen name right now.
0 x
ShantyShaker
Affiliation: BMA

Post by ShantyShaker »

appleman2006 wrote:On Sunday morning I had the privilege of worshiping with Undershepherd, PaulY and at least on other former MD member who I for get his screen name right now.
It was quite a pleasure to meet you as well!
0 x
Former user name: C&MJ