When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Meanwhile, in Catalonia

Post by temporal1 »

Catalonia to declare independence from Spain
http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-spain- ... e=facebook

from a public post, somewhere out-there:
"The Spanish government is letting political opponents be arrested, it is influencing media and blocking Internet sites. We are under observation day and night,” Puigdemont said.

“What is that other than an authoritarian state?”

^^^ above taken from article^^^

Strong words. My opinion is of no import on the matter, but it is fascinating to see a modern successionist movement being done in a way that may be successful.

The government shootings and suppression are not fascinating. The people that are being terrorised by a government are not fascinated. They are pissed.

Did you know with all of the shooting talk yesterday about NV two days ago, that the Spanish government's shootings of people in Catalonia actually tallied a larger number of injuries? It was rubber bullets and probably killed less, but injured 800 people at first counts to the NV shooting being tallied around 500 by my last hearing, yesterday.

Catalonia's struggle makes me think of the Basque people, people of the same Nation and yet to the North, and how for decades the Basque people have wanted their independence.

The Basque language is older than Latin. I don't think we even know any precursor languages, and parent languages.

Here's to people everywhere, fighting against the old ways.

*solidarity fist*
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Aaron
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Meanwhile, in Catalonia

Post by Aaron »

“I don't want it to be a fight. Any suggestions?” .

..... “Stop fighting.”

Jesus says "MY KINGDOM is NOT of this world" ......
0 x