Favorite Feature

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Haystack
Affiliation: Christian

Re: Favorite Feature

Post by Haystack »

lesterb wrote:But my wife can't understand why you'd use silly pictures in a post.
I think it's to enhance or clarify the meaning of a post. Sometimes its hard to get a feel for the context of someones written words through text alone. Adding a laughing smiley can indicate that a post is supposed to be funny or lighthearted for example.
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Some of the new animated emoticons are bigger than we had before. Should I find smaller ones or are the larger okay?

I have a few more I will add when I get to it. I forgot I had them on another forum I run and can transfer them over ... one of these days.

Thanks for the encouragement of the "Post Love" it is called. I considered changing it to a thumbs up icon like many are used to, but figured the heart was good enough to try it out. I can change it, but that might take a few minutes effort.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Robert wrote:Some of the new animated emoticons are bigger than we had before. Should I find smaller ones or are the larger okay?
:up:
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Robert wrote:Some of the new animated emoticons are bigger than we had before. Should I find smaller ones or are the larger okay?

I have a few more I will add when I get to it. I forgot I had them on another forum I run and can transfer them over ... one of these days.

Thanks for the encouragement of the "Post Love" it is called. I considered changing it to a thumbs up icon like many are used to, but figured the heart was good enough to try it out. I can change it, but that might take a few minutes effort.
if and when it's no problem, and according to others' thoughts, smaller is better.
i really like the heart, it's much nicer than the thumbs-up, esp for this forum, but, i wince at over-use of the word, "love." so, even if that's the designated word, i think of it as an alternative "like" option.

my father, and elders, were adament about reserving the word, "love," for special and sacred uses.
others may not have that internal tape. :)
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

Bootstrap wrote:
:up:
I prefer them bigger, myself. :yawn:
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

With the old quote & thumbs up system, you could see who appreciated it. I kinda liked that. But I like the heart system better. I just wish you could see who "hearted" it. No big deal, I just found it interesting.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

RZehr wrote:With the old quote & thumbs up system, you could see who appreciated it. I kinda liked that. But I like the heart system better. I just wish you could see who "hearted" it. No big deal, I just found it interesting.
if you changed your device, names might show.
ex., they do not show on my ipad, but, they do on my hp laptop.
oj kindly alerted me to this, early on. :D
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

I like the heart, especially when I want to let a person know their post is appreciated but don't have the time or wi-fi to write something.

The dancing and the wave are also good.
:dance:
:wave:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

RZehr wrote:With the old quote & thumbs up system, you could see who appreciated it. I kinda liked that. But I like the heart system better. I just wish you could see who "hearted" it. No big deal, I just found it interesting.
Go to User Control Panel, Board Preferences tab, Edit notification options. Check the box in the Notifications column for Liked posts (and the Email box, if so desired) and the Notifications counter near the top right of each page will let you know who, when, and which post was liked.

Also when viewing a member's profile, click on "Show list with all like actions" to see which posts that person has liked, and who has liked their posts. Looks like t1 is up to 6 pages already. :)
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

ohio jones wrote:
Go to User Control Panel, Board Preferences tab, Edit notification options. Check the box in the Notifications column for Liked posts (and the Email box, if so desired) and the Notifications counter near the top right of each page will let you know who, when, and which post was liked.

Also when viewing a member's profile, click on "Show list with all like actions" to see which posts that person has liked, and who has liked their posts. Looks like t1 is up to 6 pages already. :)
She is vying for top poster of the new forum and will run for re-election come the new year on a less conservative platform. :mrgreen:
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth