Sunday School vs. Church Attendance?

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Sunday School vs. Church Attendance?

Post by Josh »

KenW wrote:busy family schedules
If families are so busy that things are more important than church, then the brotherhood should meet and decide exactly what their communal priorities are. In my experience, a lack of church togetherness any time besides Sunday morning eventually leads to a lack of unity overall.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Josh wrote:
KenW wrote:busy family schedules
If families are so busy that things are more important than church, then the brotherhood should meet and decide exactly what their communal priorities are.
I agree.
Josh wrote:In my experience, a lack of church togetherness any time besides Sunday morning eventually leads to a lack of unity overall.

Does a lack of togetherness, such as only meeting at church Sunday morning, really lead to a lack of unity? I wonder about the nature of unity. Some churches function at very detailed level of unity and work to keep that, while other churches function at a level of unity that is not real detailed. Are these churches in the second group really losing their unity, or are they in fact keeping it?
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Well, if people aren't together with each other, eventually they have trouble finding unity in things, unless it is imposed harshly from the top down. Natural unity can't happen.

People are supposed to be together with their families - I believe that should include your church family, your "brothers and sisters".
0 x