Sunday School vs. Church Attendance?

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Sunday School vs. Church Attendance?

Post by Josh »

Holdemans don’t seem to read the Budget too much although they do read the Vendor. The Vendor often has phone numbers for dial ins to hear seminars (like AIC 2017) which are popular with Holdeman and Amish people.

We have a bunch of our own publications too, many of them not necessarily official church publications. It’s sort of like a local-to-us Budget.
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Hats Off wrote:Okay, but have you checked in die Botshafte if the other one is out of bounds here? If you are going to be sick that other paper has many remedies that should fix whatever ails you!
Burn 'em all with fire!! Violation of privacy!! I'm talking to a lawyer tomorrow!! :lol:
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
steve-in-kville

steve-in-kville wrote:
Hats Off wrote:Okay, but have you checked in die Botshafte if the other one is out of bounds here? If you are going to be sick that other paper has many remedies that should fix whatever ails you!
Burn 'em all with fire!! Violation of privacy!! I'm talking to a lawyer tomorrow!! :lol:
Seriously though, modern facebook can be just as bad. But this is thread about Sunday school attendance...
0 x

Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

steve-in-kville wrote:
steve-in-kville wrote:
Seriously though, modern facebook can be just as bad. But this is thread about Sunday school attendance...
You started it (the bunny trail) so I am not guilty. :lol:
0 x
steve-in-kville

Hats Off wrote: You started it (the bunny trail) so I am not guilty. :lol:
Yes, yes I did. I'm bit proud of it, I must say.
0 x

Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Did they not teach you about pride in SS?
0 x
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

steve-in-kville wrote:
steve-in-kville wrote:
Who knew? So it's not thread-bare even if pride is not taught against.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
steve-in-kville

Hats Off wrote:Did they not teach you about pride in SS?
Yes they did. I made sure to accumulate as much as possible! :mrgreen:
0 x

Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

I love our "Sunday School" class- we go to a large church and so there are many classes on Sunday (they call them Life Groups) where there are books of the Bible taught by the teacher, and we have opportunity for closer fellowship there-

However- the Church service itself to me is most important where the saints assemble themselves together in 'worship' and praise, prayer, and sermon message- this time is for God to receive our worship and attention, adoration, and for us to receive from Him-

Most of my Christian life there was no "Sunday School" available (indeed I believe this was a man made tradition?) and while I recognize the value in it, how one could chose Sunday School instead of the Church service would be perplexing.

We had to make this choice Sunday though- as we could only do one (we had out of town company). I wanted to go to the Sunday School class, hubby, to the Church service- so we went to the Church service- and what a service it was! Learning in class and fellowship, etc- is great- but that service! So thankful I didn't talk my husband into going to SS instead- would have truly missed a very wonderful service. I realize that a mega church is not ideal but there's something about a large group worshiping and praising God together that reminds me of how heaven will be-

In our church, the classes are well attended, there are many opportunities on Sunday and throughout the week for 'Bible Study' but couldn't really give the #'s comparison- there are many reasons people abstain from these opportunities-
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I had to leave right after Sunday school a month or two ago. I didn’t like that at all. Missing Sunday school doesn’t seem as bad.

One thing I like at the Mennonite Church in York is that Sunday school is after the service. It feels more natural to flow that way.
0 x