slimy

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Biblical Anabaptist
Affiliation: Unaffiliated Menno

Re: slimy

Post by Biblical Anabaptist »

justme wrote:this website was called slimy. in a holier than thou manner from someone who used to participate on md.
granted, the website was not named by name, but was degraded so that anyone who is familiar with both md and mn would know what was being talked about.

and i will admit, i'm still smarting. like signtist is fond of saying, if you throw a stone into a pack of dogs, the one that yips is the one that got hit. and i'm yipping.

and so i'm wondering. is this really and truly a slimy website?
two answers would say no. no active immorality, no illegal activities.
but the middle answer really does have me thinking.
KingdomBuilder wrote:Explicit material, political idolatry, passive aggressiveness, gossip, blatant and unrepentant rudeness, falsity, etc.
Just to name a few....
I wasn't going to say this publicly, but when the person who made the statement and some of his cohorts disappeared from here a lot of the "slime" went with them.
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

I cannot see this website as slimy (from what I understand or think of when I hear 'slimy') in the least!! Quite the opposite-
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Biblical Anabaptist wrote:I wasn't going to say this publicly, but when the person who made the statement and some of his cohorts disappeared from here a lot of the "slime" went with them.
That's usually the way it works. I remember years ago there was a family that rotated around the area conservative brethren groups. People would groan whenever they would attend their church, usually for a year to 18 months, and then move on.... but not after they stirred up trouble first. It was quite literally a relief when they stopped attending.

Yes, its sad there are people like that.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Signtist
Affiliation: Midwest

Post by Signtist »

justme wrote:and i will admit, i'm still smarting. like signtist is fond of saying, if you throw a stone into a pack of dogs, the one that yips is the one that got hit. and i'm yipping.
Hi! :wave: :wave: I only said it once. It's you that keeps quoting it! ;)
0 x
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

Signtist wrote:
justme wrote:and i will admit, i'm still smarting. like signtist is fond of saying, if you throw a stone into a pack of dogs, the one that yips is the one that got hit. and i'm yipping.
Hi! :wave: :wave: I only said it once. It's you that keeps quoting it! ;)
it obviously made an impression on me :lol:
0 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

But if you throw a stone into a pack of dogs, it doesn't prove that you are "he who is without sin". Some people seem to be confused about that.

And the person who throws the stone is rarely accurate about what the yelps mean.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?