slimy

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: slimy

Post by MaxPC »

mike wrote:
steve-in-kville wrote:So basically what I am gathering is:

Someone knows and secret but they're not telling anyone?? What grade are we in?? :mrgreen:
Just a snarky comment made about MD/MN by a former MDer that some of us are friends with on FB. There's some fuming going on in this thread, but we'll get over it. And let's see, this is approximately 2nd grade we're in, since you asked. :)
:lol:

There seems to be a lot of fuming in general on FB from what I hear. I don't have a FB account so I haven't experienced it firsthand. Some of our friends who do have FB have had to either delete their account or "unfriend" a lot of people, allowing only relatives and trusted friends within a closed group to communicate with them.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

mike wrote: And let's see, this is approximately 2nd grade we're in, since you asked. :)
Ahh.... I have some fond memories of 2nd grade. :laugh

Let the drama continue....
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

I have just learned two things.

1. I am probably not Facebook friends with this person.
2. Doing a search for 'slimy' on Facebook pulls up lots of things I don't need to know about.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Bootstrap wrote:I have just learned two things.

2. Doing a search for 'slimy' on Facebook pulls up lots of things I don't need to know about.
#2 - Looks like you did the same thing I did...
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

ken_sylvania wrote:
Bootstrap wrote:I have just learned two things.

#2 - Looks like you did the same thing I did...
in my thoughtfulness about the OP, i looked up the word, "salacious," thinking that's what i think of as "slimy."
well, it is. but, that's not exactly it, either. so, i have been reading, trying to figure out puzzles, as usual.
from Page 1:
lesterb wrote:Just hang around for a bit. Usually when Justme comes up with something like this, she's got an axe to grind or something to get off her chest, or ...
.. maybe. she's also excellent at going silent and never filling in the blanks. i'm prepared to never know. :mrgreen:
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

this website was called slimy. in a holier than thou manner from someone who used to participate on md.
granted, the website was not named by name, but was degraded so that anyone who is familiar with both md and mn would know what was being talked about.

and i will admit, i'm still smarting. like signtist is fond of saying, if you throw a stone into a pack of dogs, the one that yips is the one that got hit. and i'm yipping.

and so i'm wondering. is this really and truly a slimy website?
two answers would say no. no active immorality, no illegal activities.
but the middle answer really does have me thinking.
KingdomBuilder wrote:Explicit material, political idolatry, passive aggressiveness, gossip, blatant and unrepentant rudeness, falsity, etc.
Just to name a few....
0 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

justme wrote:this website was called slimy. in a holier than thou manner from someone who used to participate on md.
granted, the website was not named by name, but was degraded so that anyone who is familiar with both md and mn would know what was being talked about.

and i will admit, i'm still smarting. like signtist is fond of saying, if you throw a stone into a pack of dogs, the one that yips is the one that got hit. and i'm yipping.

KingdomBuilder wrote:Explicit material, political idolatry, passive aggressiveness, gossip, blatant and unrepentant rudeness, falsity, etc.
Just to name a few....
.. o. a former member. well. sometimes bitter happens.
sometimes, former members return with apologies about their attitudes+behaviors. 8-)
those are special moments.

but, the rest of it? .. well, slime happens (to the "best" of us.) a rare few might escape.
i think it's wrong to generalize an entire group/forum thataway .. well, that stone gets thrown right back to its sender. doesn't it?

i still have no idea who-what-when-where. no matter.
temporal human stuff. nothing Jesus doesn't know all about.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

justme wrote:this website was called slimy. in a holier than thou manner from someone who used to participate on md.

Just to name a few....
Yeah, it has its moments, so does the real world.
MN is often a (dim) reflection of where we as individuals are at in our heart conditions by our showing what fills our minds.
Slimy? Maybe a bit of a stretch, generally. Sometimes? Might get pretty close.
It is no one's fault but our own when that happens.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

I will admit that this forum crossed my mind as I typed my response.
Do I then say that this website is "slimy"? Absolutely not.
Over the past 1.5 years, this forum has lead me to folks and ideas that have significantly helped me in my seeking of Biblical Christianity. Seriously, I cannot overstate my gratitude for it (more so for the God who used it for good).

Now... I do think some "slimy" stuff goes on on this forum. This may be blunt, but I see the main problem as a vocal few who choose to consistently engage in behavior we could deem as "slimy".
By no means are most on here encouraging sliminess.

I don't let the few ruin the immense good present here
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
Biblical Anabaptist
Affiliation: Unaffiliated Menno

Post by Biblical Anabaptist »

Just to name a few....
I wasn't going to say this publicly, but when the person who made the statement and some of his cohorts disappeared from here a lot of the "slime" went with them.
0 x