Guys only: What type of suit/tie/whatever do you wear for formal occassions?

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.

What type of suit/tie/whatever do you wear for formal occassions? (church, weddings, etc.)

Total votes: 0

steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Guys only: What type of suit/tie/whatever do you wear for formal occassions?

Post by steve-in-kville »

Fun poll. Nothing serious. No judging. Discuss as needed.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Re: Guys only: What type of suit/tie/whatever do you wear for formal occassions?

Post by steve-in-kville »

Should have left an option for those that wear flannel shirts, t-shirts, etc.

But I'm thinking formal wear here. 8-)
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Sudsy
Affiliation: .

Re: Guys only: What type of suit/tie/whatever do you wear for formal occassions?

Post by Sudsy »

It would appear in the poll title you consider church as a place for formal attire ?

Going to church in our MB church is quite varied in men's attire. In the summer time shorts pants, short sleeves and sandals are quite common. One or two older men still stick with suit and ties year round. In the cooler months most men still dress casual and many in jeans. Our pastor preaches with casual dress shirt, shirt tail out and casual pants. Some young men wear ball caps throughout the service. Dress isn't an issue for men as long as pants and shirt are worn.
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Peregrino
Affiliation:

Post by Peregrino »

I identify as an introvert :roll: , so I avoid formal occasions whenever possible. :-|
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

While I would never wear shorts to church, (I wear a plan suit!) I would not find that as offensive as wearing ball caps. That to me is just downright improper.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Hats Off wrote:While I would never wear shorts to church, (I wear a plan suit!) I would not find that as offensive as wearing ball caps. That to me is just downright improper.
When I was visiting Hillsong 2 years ago, I counted 3 men on stage in the worship band who all had knit caps on.

None of the women on stage in the worship band had any kind of hat or cap or otherwise. Two of them had short hair, too...
0 x
Sudsy
Affiliation: .

Post by Sudsy »

Hats Off wrote:While I would never wear shorts to church, (I wear a plan suit!) I would not find that as offensive as wearing ball caps. That to me is just downright improper.
Do you find the Pope's little cap offensive or is it just ball hats ? In other words, is there any kind of hat that you would see in church on a man that would be proper ?

When I first saw a young fellow wearing a ball cap in church I thought to myself, why hasn't someone explained this as disrespectful, as I was taught. But then I got to thinking that this generation doesn't have this same view on hats and they don't regard a church gathering to be a sacred place either. It is just a building to gather in. They may not have any sense of this being disrespectful. Thoughts ?
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

I can only recall owning one "real" suit, back when I was a teenager, and I wouldn't have been allowed to wear a tie at that time even if for some strange reason I had wanted to. Since then it has been a la carte jackets and pants. These days I always wear pants for formal occasions, and most others as well, rarely a suit-type jacket or tie, and almost never both jacket and tie together. Business casual seems to be appropriate for just about everything including church and weddings.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Hats Off wrote:(I wear a plan suit!)
As an architect, I find that an intriguing idea. Wonder how I could get some of those old-fashioned blueprints transferred to fabric....
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Sudsy wrote:
Do you find the Pope's little cap offensive or is it just ball hats ? In other words, is there any kind of hat that you would see in church on a man that would be proper ?

When I first saw a young fellow wearing a ball cap in church I thought to myself, why hasn't someone explained this as disrespectful, as I was taught. But then I got to thinking that this generation doesn't have this same view on hats and they don't regard a church gathering to be a sacred place either. It is just a building to gather in. They may not have any sense of this being disrespectful. Thoughts ?
“Any man who prays or prophesies with his head covered disgraces his head.”

I don't find it offensive but I do find it sad to see that the scriptures are either not taught, or are not taught to be obeyed.
0 x