Story Time!

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Re: Story Time!

Post by steve-in-kville »

I gave beer to very sick (and very expensive) rabbit once.
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

steve-in-kville wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:02 pm I gave beer to very sick (and very expensive) rabbit once.
Wife: did it help?
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Soloist wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:41 pm
steve-in-kville wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:02 pm I gave beer to very sick (and very expensive) rabbit once.
Yes.

My first ambulance partner was a dairy farmer. (keep in mind he was Horning Mennonite!). He would go to the beer distributor and buy the cheapest beer in a glass bottle. When cows would get "twisted stomach" they would pop the cap of the beer bottle and stick it in the cow's mouth and she would slurp the bottle dry. A few hours later, problem solved.

One night when I was working third shift, I had a pedigreed rabbit turn very ill. On a hunch, I drove to the local tavern, bought a can of cheap beer and put in it the rabbit's water bottle. Not expecting the bunny to survive the night, I went to work figuring I'd come home to a dead rabbit in the morning.

Came home the next day and the rabbit was fine. No idea if the beer helped or not.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:35 am
Yes.

My first ambulance partner was a dairy farmer. (keep in mind he was Horning Mennonite!). He would go to the beer distributor and buy the cheapest beer in a glass bottle. When cows would get "twisted stomach" they would pop the cap of the beer bottle and stick it in the cow's mouth and she would slurp the bottle dry. A few hours later, problem solved.

One night when I was working third shift, I had a pedigreed rabbit turn very ill. On a hunch, I drove to the local tavern, bought a can of cheap beer and put in it the rabbit's water bottle. Not expecting the bunny to survive the night, I went to work figuring I'd come home to a dead rabbit in the morning.

Came home the next day and the rabbit was fine. No idea if the beer helped or not.
Rabbits need hops.
5 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

RZehr wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:58 am
steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:35 am

Yes.

Rabbits need hops.
Wife: :lol: There’s a Puerto Rican revival speaker whose life was saved by coffee. good thing his parents weren’t Mormon, I guess.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat