17%
4) More disappointed than pleased
67%

Total votes: 12

Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: Generally speaking

Post by Soloist »

Sudsy wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:19 pm Observing the participation here, it seems these thread rules would be improved as follows -

1. Only questioning others input for clarity
2. Only referencing others input if in agreement

Looks so far that most agree we have room on this forum to improve our participation here to something more pleasing to Jesus.

So, according to revised rules :) , I am in agreement with the positive things in this thread and also what this forum, at times, provides.
I can agree with the first but not the second.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Robert wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:15 am This thread brings John 21 to mind.

He asks Peter, as us, to feed his sheep. Sometimes the feeding is quite lean. Other times it is quite abundant.

This forum, as other forums, takes a certain personality to stick with it. It is not for everyone. The constant banter is annoying at times. This happens because some strong personalities seem to find forums and online communication sites a easy tool to verbose. My brain processes things better when I type. Even better than if I write. Some of what I post are my processings of topics.

Some days I am just edgy and take things wrong, thus my signature line of trying not to be offended.

Many conversations here would bend to the better if we would assume the best from each other.

I know Jesus dealt with disciples who bantered. Just look at the conversation about who would be sit next to him. I think He would be quite understanding, but also challenge us to speak the truth IN LOVE as Paul so nicely says it.
Spot on; AMEN.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Thomas_muntzer
Affiliation: Midwest fellowship

Post by Thomas_muntzer »

MaxPC wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:21 am
steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:16 am
I've witnessed the same attitudes/viciousness in a church setting, be it stuff said behind a person's back, half-truths, comments made in a public settings, etc. The difference here, we all tend to become keyboard ninjas and hide behind a user name.
Even paul had to face the same problems in the early church
1 x