Remember Nextel Phones?

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Remember Nextel Phones?

Post by steve-in-kville »

I have a shoebox full of old charging cords that dates back at least two decades. I came across a few Motorola cords. Nextel phones were all the rage in the early 2000's. I remember the conservative folks in our area were the first to have them!

We went from "direct connect" to texting to whatever these social media platforms are these days. The good old days, I guess 8-)
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Re: Remember Nextel Phones?

Post by justme »

loved my nextel
they were the best for communicating in ems

i could nextel the comm center for directions and didn't have to sound like a fool on the radio.
0 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

buh beep
0 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

steve-in-kville wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:49 am I have a shoebox full of old charging cords that dates back at least two decades. I came across a few Motorola cords. Nextel phones were all the rage in the early 2000's. I remember the conservative folks in our area were the first to have them!

We went from "direct connect" to texting to whatever these social media platforms are these days. The good old days, I guess 8-)
The "push to talk" was a great feature. Until your husband called while you are at the grocery store. He being in a noisy environment, shouts though it, and embarrassingly everyone three aisles over hears him.
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

justme wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:49 pm loved my nextel
they were the best for communicating in ems

i could nextel the comm center for directions and didn't have to sound like a fool on the radio.
They were handy for me as a first responder. The nights I was on call I'd sleep with an ambulance radio under my pillow (this was in my volly unit, so we responded from home). My partner would Nextel me when the neighboring service wasn't getting out for a call and we would be next to be dispatched.
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!