Asking Forgiveness

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Asking Forgiveness

Post by Valerie »

This morning I woke with inner turmoil and conviction
for arguing with a few of you on the forum Matthew 5 Jesus teaches before bringing your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, to leave your gift and go your way and be reconciled to your brother.

I'm asking Forgiveness of all those I argued with yesterday, and said unkind words, and having a spirit of strife which stirred up anger while trying to accomplish that which seems impossible.

You are right, this is a Mennonite forum, I took too many liberties and I should have been respectful. Please forgive my attitude, and what ended up being anger in me (not to the point of bitter)

We may never see eye to eye on this side of heaven but I do apologize for speaking when I should have remained silent. I know the Lord is not pleased with many discussions I was trying to what I thought "help" when instead I hurt.

Thankfully, His mercies are new every morning, as nd I couldn't even read or pray and I knew what was needful.

This is the Lord's Day, the day He has made- let us rejoice and be glad in it.

When I was a baby Christian in the 70s, there was a patch "PBPWMGIFWMY" "Pjease be patient with me God isn't finished with me yet". At the time I thought that was poor excuse for bad behavior, yet it is true- we are still clay in the Potters Hands and truly need to be vessels of His love and i think He has a harder time with my lump of clay am than others- feeling discouraged at the moment for causing many to be upset.

Peace to you all, Maranatha
3 x
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Asking Forgiveness

Post by barnhart »

Thank you Valerie. I don't think I was sparring with you but I appreciate the spirit you offer.
2 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

I don't like conflict. Be it at work, at home, with family, or on the web. I value most everyone on MN. We may banter like siblings, but all in all, we have a good crows crowd.

We all are in need of forgiveness.
2 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Valerie wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:42 am This morning I woke with inner turmoil and conviction
for arguing with a few of you on the forum Matthew 5 Jesus teaches before bringing your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, to leave your gift and go your way and be reconciled to your brother.

I'm asking Forgiveness of all those I argued with yesterday, and said unkind words, and having a spirit of strife which stirred up anger while trying to accomplish that which seems impossible.

You are right, this is a Mennonite forum, I took too many liberties and I should have been respectful. Please forgive my attitude, and what ended up being anger in me (not to the point of bitter)

We may never see eye to eye on this side of heaven but I do apologize for speaking when I should have remained silent. I know the Lord is not pleased with many discussions I was trying to what I thought "help" when instead I hurt.

Thankfully, His mercies are new every morning, as nd I couldn't even read or pray and I knew what was needful.

When I was a baby Christian in the 70s, there was a patch "PBPWMGIFWMY" "Pjease be patient with me God isn't finished with me yet". At the time I thought that was poor excuse for bad behavior, yet it is true- we are still clay in the Potters Hands and truly need to be vessels of His love and i think He has a harder time with my lump of clay am than others- feeling discouraged at the moment for causing many to be upset.

I certainly have my own struggles with being argumentative and have gone back and forth on leaving Menno.

Clay gets soft when you add water. Jesus is living water!
2 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

Valerie, I think we all have our struggles with the 'flesh' and likely will continue to until we get home. I know there are those who believe we can reach a state of total sanctification and the fleshly nature in me thinks I would like to spend a day with them and push their buttons to unravel them and see just how wholly sanctified they really are. Every so often I respond in ways that the Spirit lets me know is not by His leading. Sometimes I go on and on and shut out that 'still small voice' until I finally reach a point where I am listening again.

When it comes to standing up for our Spiritual understandings that oppose other's understandings, we really do need God at work in us to share our beliefs. Sometimes re-reading Col 3 helps me get back on track.

Thankyou for this reminder of how forgiveness is a big issue in my Christ following. God bless !
2 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Sudsy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:48 pm Valerie, I think we all have our struggles with the 'flesh' and likely will continue to until we get home. I know there are those who believe we can reach a state of total sanctification and the fleshly nature in me thinks I would like to spend a day with them and push their buttons to unravel them and see just how wholly sanctified they really are. Every so often I respond in ways that the Spirit lets me know is not by His leading. Sometimes I go on and on and shut out that 'still small voice' until I finally reach a point where I am listening again.

When it comes to standing up for our Spiritual understandings that oppose other's understandings, we really do need God at work in us to share our beliefs. Sometimes re-reading Col 3 helps me get back on track.

Thankyou for this reminder of how forgiveness is a big issue in my Christ following. God bless !
Thank you Sudsy, always good counsel
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Soloist wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:50 am
Valerie wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:42 am This morning I woke with inner turmoil and conviction

I certainly have my own struggles with being argumentative and have gone back and forth on leaving Menno.

Clay gets soft when you add water. Jesus is living water!
Amen Soloist. Thank you
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

steve-in-kville wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:30 am I don't like conflict. Be it at work, at home, with family, or on the web. I value most everyone on MN. We may banter like siblings, but all in all, we have a good crows crowd.

We all are in need of forgiveness.
Thank you Steve!
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

barnhart wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:23 am Thank you Valerie. I don't think I was sparring with you but I appreciate the spirit you offer.
Thank you Barnhart!
0 x