Poll: Childhood Trauma

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.

Check all that generally describe your growing up situation...

1. My parents/guardians weren't perfect, but I couldn't ask for a better home/growing up experience. The home where I grew up was characterized by a lot of love and acceptance.
27%
2. There was a lot of anger and "distancing emotions" in the home where I grew up.
10%
3. There was verbal and emotional abuse in the home where I grew up.
10%
4. There was physical abuse in the home where I grew up.
3%
5. There was sexual abuse in the home where I grew up.
3%
6. There was no abuse in the home where I grew up.
20%
7. Both home and school were emotionally positive environments for me.
17%
8. Neither home nor school were emotionally positive environments for me. There was trauma both places.
3%
9. Home was a safe place but school was not. I experienced a lot of trauma at school.
3%
10. I experienced a lot of trauma at home, but school was a good experience.
3%

Total votes: 30

steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Re: Poll: Childhood Trauma

Post by steve-in-kville »

My middle school years were horrible. Lots of pressure to follow the fads, especially clothing. High school went much better for me.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Szdfan wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:12 pm Max has previously mentioned that he's in his 90s and experienced the Blitzkrieg.
He has made several age-related statements that are not easily reconciled. But even using the one that results in the youngest age would make him about age 7 at the end of the war, likely able to remember quite a bit from that time period.
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

ohio jones wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:04 pm
Szdfan wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:12 pm Max has previously mentioned that he's in his 90s and experienced the Blitzkrieg.
He has made several age-related statements that are not easily reconciled. But even using the one that results in the youngest age would make him about age 7 at the end of the war, likely able to remember quite a bit from that time period.
thanks for your note. i had a sense Max was aging faster than the rest of us. but didn’t want to bother investigating.
still. even at my tender age, i find my mind playing tricks on me. i try to be conscious of it.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

steve-in-kville wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:00 pm My middle school years were horrible. Lots of pressure to follow the fads, especially clothing. High school went much better for me.
middle school is a euphemism for hell.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Neto wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:34 pmI was thinking particularly about Teasing, Trauma, Dealing-With-Rejection but it is fine to talk about other traumas.
1 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

Ernie wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:30 pm
Neto wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:34 pmAre you only asking about trauma from parental treatment? (i/.e., not from other sources, such as sibling bullying, or traumatic experiences, such as Max already mentioned?)
I was thinking particularly about Teasing, Trauma, Dealing-With-Rejection but it is fine to talk about other traumas.
I took 'trauma' in a very general sense, but just wondered. (fixed it, so people know what I was asking)
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.