Fast Food’s Quest To Feed Body And Soul

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: Fast Food’s Quest To Feed Body And Soul

Post by ohio jones »

Valerie wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:05 am My Aunt & Uncle were Mormon. No coffee, tea, or alcohol but she drank Coke all day. We were perplexed at the difference. Coffee & tea have health benefits.
Adventists are the ones who discourage all forms of caffeine.
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

ohio jones wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:14 pm
Valerie wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:05 am My Aunt & Uncle were Mormon. No coffee, tea, or alcohol but she drank Coke all day. We were perplexed at the difference. Coffee & tea have health benefits.
Adventists are the ones who discourage all forms of caffeine.
I have also confused the food regulations between Adventists and Mormons. For some reason, these two groups tend to be mistaken for each other quite a bit. I can see why after reading this article from MormonRules.com and this article from the LDS website. Both groups share similarities in nutritional guidelines with the exception of meats.

I know that Adventists have different levels of adherence to their dietary rules and that it depends on the groups that call themselves Adventist. Some are lacto-ovo vegetarians. Others avoid dairy altogether. Here is the information from an SDA website.

As to the practical, daily application of these dietary regulations by people of either group, I cannot attest. I am sure there are loopholes, exceptions, and other bits that are not necessarily expressed at their websites.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

SDAs don't have strict rules so much as they have guidelines, which many Adventists joyfully adhere to.
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Wife: I still remember the lady in Oregon who is strongly opposed to caffeine because her mother always had a cigarette in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other.

Our conference has a written stance against excessive caffeine consumption, but I don’t think, from what I have actually seen, that everyone agrees on what defines “excessive”. :lol:
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat