New Subsection?

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: New Subsection?

Post by Robert »

This is a really good discussion. It needs to be in a thread better named for it so others can find it easily. I am not sure which thread would be good to drop it in.

In a few weeks, who would ever look in the New Subsection thread to find a discussion about Catholicism.
2 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: New Subsection?

Post by temporal1 »

Robert wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:32 am This is a really good discussion.
It needs to be in a thread better named for it so others can find it easily. I am not sure which thread would be good to drop it in.

In a few weeks, who would ever look in the New Subsection thread to find a discussion about Catholicism.
Yes.
i believe this has been done before.

For instance, in the Prayers+Testimonies thread, i opened a poll, to see if there was interest in a P+T category.
(i think) oj responded: “you just started one,” or something like that .. viewtopic.php?t=287

oj may remember better.

that thread became a place for many prayers (not all!) - and, there has been no antagonism in 32 pages.
imho, it’s in a weird category - - - members find it.

i’m ok with how that worked out. good for oj. thanks, oj.
and, i appreciate ragpicker’s initial advice to you, to keep it simple, you+mods have done a great job.

keeping it simple, esp when a lot of people are involved, usually works best.

i accept admin decisions. i expect subjective decisions, i don’t expect perfection. :mrgreen:
(of course, we all know from your funny thread, you’re pretty perfect.) .. :lol:

i like what Max did in his OP, collecting like topics as a reference. i’ve done it in a number of threads, for reference.
i’m not sure how helpful it is. but i like it. :mrgreen:

one motivation for including lists is to try to add to existing topics, rather than starting a new thread every week or month.
some of the older topics have good input from members no longer active. some topics remain relevant that way.

lesterb and Wayne, appleman, others, all have input that remains relevant over time.
appleman shows up - not often enough!!

hope this isn’t confusing. :-|

- - - - - - -

:idea: Maybe it could go in the same category as P+T? Announcements+Introductions
Both could go in General Theology.

Time for me to stop thinking. :lol:
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN