New Subsection?

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

New Subsection?

Post by MaxPC »

Robert, Ernie did a stellar job of creating congenial, non-combative Q&A threads for the purpose of answering questions about the different faith groups. Would it be possible to incorporate a special subsection on the forum somewhere to house them so that they can be a ready resource? Here are their links:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6614

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6613

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6603

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6602

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6610
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: New Subsection?

Post by Soloist »

I think it’s a great idea so we don’t have to rehash certain arguments again! Let’s have the two sides of all this nonsensical debates post and then we can move on to better things!
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I propose we make a new subsection for "Catholic topics" and please confine discussion centred around Catholicism, etc. that is not relevant to Anabaptism to that subforum.
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

If there were a new subsection, perhaps it should include all of the categories mentioned here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6580

And perhaps there should be threads for the others.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

MaxPC wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:41 am Robert, Ernie did a stellar job of creating congenial, non-combative Q&A threads for the purpose of answering questions about the different faith groups. Would it be possible to incorporate a special subsection on the forum somewhere to house them so that they can be a ready resource? Here are their links:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6614

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6613

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6603

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6602

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6610
Additionally, I think emphasising Ernie's instructions that these are to remain non-debate, non-combative Q&A threads is important to the spirit in which they are created.
2 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

MaxPC wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:31 am
Additionally, I think emphasising Ernie's instructions that these are to remain non-debate, non-combative Q&A threads is important to the spirit in which they are created.
It’s a great idea! Then we can stop all the arguments! Just write down all the facts claimed on both sides then we can simply link to it rather then continue to argue the same things!
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

October 2016:
ragpicker wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:20 pm I suggest you be very thoughtful about sub-forums.

It's pretty easy for every Tom, Dick, & Harry to cry out for their pet one, but then they get very little use and end up diluting the experience, plus creating clutter.
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Not sure what to categorize the subforum as. If it was created, these threads would have to be made "stickies" to keep them easily found because they too would get lost in the other threads created in that subforum.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Robert wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:28 pm Not sure what to categorize the subforum as. If it was created, these threads would have to be made "stickies" to keep them easily found because they too would get lost in the other threads created in that subforum.
I quite like the idea of ... "stickies" (I think that refers to earmarked?) Perhaps since the questions revolve around practices within the different faith groups it could be put in the General Theology forum?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Robert wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:28 pm Not sure what to categorize the subforum as. If it was created, these threads would have to be made "stickies" to keep them easily found because they too would get lost in the other threads created in that subforum.
Also, a thread can be used as a depository or reference index to corral related threads.
There could be an Ernie thread - - - :P
Altho, i often go to members’ profile pages to find older threads/posts. That often bears good fruit.

Like today, i was reviewing Ragpicker’s posts. i wish he would check in more often.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN