Traveling

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Mrs.Nisly
Affiliation: BMA

Re: Traveling

Post by Mrs.Nisly »

ohio jones wrote:
Mrs.Nisly wrote:Then we plan to go to the Elkart, Lagrange County area to do a little touristy stuff in Shipshawanea, (is that how its spelled?)
Shipshewana, but abbreviating it "Ship" is perfectly fine. Consider including Menno-Hof in your touristy stuff, they have an interesting replica of a ship there.
I did make the word a little more complicated than necessary! :D
Yes, Menno-Hof is on the list. I'll have to watch for this "interesting replica" you speak of. :lol:

My friend Linda (Eash) Miller told me last night that the flea market is Tuesday and Wednesday. So we might have to hit that before we head out.
0 x
MattY
Affiliation: Beachy

Post by MattY »

Mrs.Nisly wrote:
buckeyematt2 wrote:I'm from NE Ohio. And Steve Yoder is my late grandpa's brother.
Oh that is interesting! So my dad was first cousin to your grandpa too. That would make your mom or dad my 2nd cousin, and you 2nd cousin once removed. Is that how it is? I would say 2nd and a half but I think the corrrct way to say it is with the Once or twice removed thing, but I never remember that order. :)

So are you from Geauga County?

I don't know my relatives on my dad's side very well at all. I have names but that's about it.
Yes it's second cousin once removed for us.

I'm from Hartville.
0 x
Almighty, most holy God
Faithful through the ages
Almighty, most holy Lord
Glorious, almighty God
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

buckeyematt2 wrote:
Mrs.Nisly wrote:
buckeyematt2 wrote:I'm from NE Ohio. And Steve Yoder is my late grandpa's brother.
Oh that is interesting! So my dad was first cousin to your grandpa too. That would make your mom or dad my 2nd cousin, and you 2nd cousin once removed. Is that how it is? I would say 2nd and a half but I think the corrrct way to say it is with the Once or twice removed thing, but I never remember that order. :)

I don't know my relatives on my dad's side very well at all. I have names but that's about it.

I'm from Hartville.
I dedicate this song to both of you!

//issuu .com /brooklynblessing /docs /book_7_ifnal_for_issuu
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Valerie wrote:
buckeyematt2 wrote:
Mrs.Nisly wrote: Oh that is interesting! So my dad was first cousin to your grandpa too. That would make your mom or dad my 2nd cousin, and you 2nd cousin once removed. Is that how it is? I would say 2nd and a half but I think the corrrct way to say it is with the Once or twice removed thing, but I never remember that order. :)

I'm from Hartville.
I dedicate this song to both of you!

0 x
Mrs.Nisly
Affiliation: BMA

Post by Mrs.Nisly »

Ha! I never heard that one before!

Well, our mutual ancestor here was known, by my family at least, as "Schtef Dawdy" (Steve Grandpa). :D
0 x