Possibly moving to Lanc or Lebanon Counties

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
betterpromises2
Affiliation: Foothills Comm. Ch.

Possibly moving to Lanc or Lebanon Counties

Post by betterpromises2 »

We're considering moving in 2018. Any thoughts or suggestions?
chris
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Possibly moving to Lanc or Lebanon Counties

Post by Josh »

betterpromises2 wrote:We're considering moving in 2018. Any thoughts or suggestions?
chris
What are you looking for?
0 x
Wayne in Maine
Location: Slightly above sea level, in the dear old State of Maine
Affiliation: Yielded

Post by Wayne in Maine »

As a simple resident of rural Maine, I don't like Lancaster or Lebanon counties anymore. These places are overly developed, urban and "fast" in lifestyle. I had not been to Lancaster for several years, but after a very recent visit it has lost any charm it ever had.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I wouldn't mind if circumstances beyond my control moved me to York Co....
0 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

betterpromises2 wrote:We're considering moving in 2018. Any thoughts or suggestions?
chris
There is a mennonite church for every taste and persuasion in Lancaster county. Name your persuasion and someone will find a few suggestions. Seriously, there is everything from Atlantic Coast Conference to EPMC there. And that does not include at least three or four types of Old Orders.

J.M.
0 x
:hug:
betterpromises2

Wayne in Maine wrote:As a simple resident of rural Maine, I don't like Lancaster or Lebanon counties anymore. These places are overly developed, urban and "fast" in lifestyle. I had not been to Lancaster for several years, but after a very recent visit it has lost any charm it ever had.
Hi Wayne, I agree that there is a lot of over-devopment and congestion (which will probably get worse) in Lanc Co, especially in the most touristy areas. I feel that there are still areas that don't have that in outlying parts of the county. The area of Leb Co directly south of Lebanon city is beautiful and non-commercialized Amish country.

On another note, recently drove up 81 from Ashville NC through the western part of VA, the Shenendoah valley- and that is really beautiful country.
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

betterpromises2 wrote:
Wayne in Maine wrote:As a simple resident of rural Maine, I don't like Lancaster or Lebanon counties anymore. These places are overly developed, urban and "fast" in lifestyle. I had not been to Lancaster for several years, but after a very recent visit it has lost any charm it ever had.
Hi Wayne, I agree that there is a lot of over-devopment and congestion (which will probably get worse) in Lanc Co, especially in the most touristy areas. I feel that there are still areas that don't have that in outlying parts of the county. The area of Leb Co directly south of Lebanon city is beautiful and non-commercialized Amish country.

On another note, recently drove up 81 from Ashville NC through the western part of VA, the Shenendoah valley- and that is really beautiful country.
We find the same to be true of Holmes County, OH- although there are very touristy areas (thank the Lord because it is giving people things to think about, regarding the faith!) it doesn't take but a few minutes to be away from the touristy areas with beautiful country, rolling hills and valleys and peace & quiet- we headed there yesterday to get out of babylon (so to speak)
0 x
betterpromises2

Valerie wrote:
betterpromises2 wrote:

We find the same to be true of Holmes County, OH- although there are very touristy areas (thank the Lord because it is giving people things to think about, regarding the faith!) it doesn't take but a few minutes to be away from the touristy areas with beautiful country, rolling hills and valleys and peace & quiet- we headed there yesterday to get out of babylon (so to speak)
Hi Valerie, Did you move to Holmes Co from elsewhere, or have you always livedthere?
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

betterpromises2 wrote:
Valerie wrote:
betterpromises2 wrote:

Hi Valerie, Did you move to Holmes Co from elsewhere, or have you always livedthere?
Hi! I wish i lived there- but no we don't- we are about an hour north of Holmes- so it is easy for us to spend a day there. I am originally from Southern California, transplanted to Ohio- and discovering Holmes County has been an extra blessing I didn't anticipate when we moved to Ohio- it is so peaceful- so different from where I spent most of my life. I hope the Lord leads you to the place where you will find a peaceful living experience- it makes me mindful of this passage: Isaiah 32:18King James Version (KJV)

18 And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Chris, are you hoping to be near Anabaptists? The following areas have less development and even cheaper property taxes (in the more rural areas away from cities).

East TN is beautiful. Some Amish and Mennonites are there.

I think, not sure, there are Amish in Union Grove, NC.

SW VA and the Shenandoah is a favorite area of ours.

Eastern KY has some beautiful rural areas. Some Amish I believe too.

North GA mountains have Old German Baptist Brethren and Mennonites.

North AL has rolling Piedmont hills.

Southern MO and northern AR has some beautiful areas too.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God