Passwords?

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Re: Passwords?

Post by justme »

my password manager for home is a 3x5 notebook, one page for each account, and different sections for different types of accounts.
and autofill in my browser.

for work, a printed spreadsheet and whiteout
1 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

justme I have a similar one but I have a notebook set up alphabetically so that the company or whatever needs the password is put under the appropriate letter and then the password- all in pencil.
Guess I'm old school but has worked so far- especially once I made it alphabetical like an address book
1 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

I use a note file, but use a Scripture verse. This usually gets me approved at all the places and it is easy for me to remember. Plenty of characters, a : which is a special character. When that does not work, I pick a special character in place of the colon. No one has cracked me in 30 years.

By picking a unique verse, but not a common one everyone else uses works reallu good.

Luke17:32

Yes, now you all have to look that one up. No, it is not mine. 8-)

I also keep all the variants(of which I have several) of that in a small file on my computer. Quite safe. <y wife and daughter know what the file is so they can get to it any time they may need.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

justme wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:05 pm my password manager for home is a 3x5 notebook, one page for each account, and different sections for different types of accounts.
and autofill in my browser.

for work, a printed spreadsheet and whiteout
This is what I do for home stuff, a simple notebook. I have maybe three or four passwords I need for work (plus an access card to get me into certain stuff) and I still have them written down and locked away in an undisclosed location near my desk.

My employer plans to install electronic logs, like what CDL drivers have, on all our powered equipment in the warehouse.... jacks, forklifts, high lifts, everything. I'll need my access card to power them on. Pretty wild stuff 8-)
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!