How unusual are you ?

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: How unusual are you ?

Post by Grace »

steve-in-kville wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:30 am
Sudsy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:30 pm This thread is to share things you do that you think are unusual and that others might think is quirky behaviour.
Maybe not quirky behavior, but when I'm trying to cut out processed foods, I can survive most of the day on hardboiled eggs, fried bacon and bananas. I call it the three-B diet. Drink plenty of water, too.
Just a note. Bacon is a highly processed food. Just curious, did you loose weight on that diet?
0 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Grace wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:04 am
Sudsy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:30 pm This thread is to share things you do that you think are unusual and that others might think is quirky behaviour.
Maybe not quirky behavior, but when I'm trying to cut out processed foods, I can survive most of the day on hardboiled eggs, fried bacon and bananas. I call it the three-B diet. Drink plenty of water, too.
Just a note. Bacon is a highly processed food. Just curious, did you loose weight on that diet?
How do you figure it as highly processed?
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Depends on the bacon. Some can have a lot of additives.

As far as weight loss, I did but I was also commuting to work by bike. I was also running a few 5K's around that time. Getting away from highly processed food is a good start. But I love my pizza and pasta, just not every day.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

ken_sylvania wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:20 am

How do you figure it as highly processed?
Bacon is a processed meat that has class one carcinogens. It is injected with regular, salt, sugar, curing salt and other preservatives. It is then put on hanging racks and smoked for several hours.
0 x
steve-in-kville

Bacon is awesome 8-)
2 x

Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

I'll begin -

When I take clothes out of the drier I hang them on plastic coloured hangers and select the colour of hanger that best matches the clothing being hung up.

Perhaps I'm not alone in this but I suspect I might be.
Wife: Not alone...My daughters do the same, but maybe unusual in that you are not an elementary schooler.

I for one always had my skittles organized by color as a child and started with the extras before I continued by ROYGBV order. Probably still might if I trusted myself to eat skittles. I always have (and probably will until I die) eaten Mcdonalds nuggets starting with the breading around the edges, then top and bottom, and finishing off the rest of the nugget afterward.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Soloist wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:21 pmI always have (and probably will until I die) eaten Mcdonalds nuggets starting with the breading around the edges, then top and bottom, and finishing off the rest of the nugget afterward.
I eat the pie filling first, then the crust.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
steve-in-kville

Soloist wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:21 pm I always have (and probably will until I die) eaten Mcdonalds nuggets starting with the breading around the edges, then top and bottom, and finishing off the rest of the nugget afterward.
I had a childhood friend that would eat the breading on breaded shrimp, and leave the shrimp! Her parents took us out to Ponderosa (remember that one?) and we'd get the all you can eat shrimp and at the end of the meal her plate would be piled up with little naked shrimps.

Broke my heart in a way :(
0 x