Stuff and Storage Sheds of Shame

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Stuff and Storage Sheds of Shame

Post by MaxPC »

In Neto's Bible thread I mentioned I would have to retrieve my notes from our storage shed when warmer. Do you have a storage shed of shame? I do. A lifetime of things and notes and books that will most likely be dispatched at the end of my life by our children.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Stuff and Storage Sheds of Shame

Post by Josh »

I have an 880 sq ft house, so I bought for $500 (delivered) a 120 sq ft. "addition" that came off of somebody else's trailer. I'm not sure how shameful that is, but it's currently crammed full of stuff - basically everything that I'm not brave enough to store in the barn where it could be exposed to all manner of critters.

I truly don't understand the mindset of the storage shed renter. They pay $100/mo to store stuff they obviously aren't using, and probably don't need. Just get rid of the stuff! (On the flip side, I used to know a guy who got rid of stuff he didn't want by renting a storage shed, filling it to the gills, and then never paid the bill...)
1 x
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: Stuff and Storage Sheds of Shame

Post by JimFoxvog »

Josh wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:05 am I truly don't understand the mindset of the storage shed renter. They pay $100/mo to store stuff they obviously aren't using, and probably don't need. Just get rid of the stuff!
My sister had about 4 or 5 storage rentals in various states. Not necessarily things she didn't "need", but she couldn't find or get them readily, so she kept buying more of the same item she had stored.

She's working on it now and has eliminated one or two of the storage sheds.
1 x