Coldest temps you have ever experienced?

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Coldest temps you have ever experienced?

Post by Bootstrap »

Minnesota, -25 degrees, visiting my brother. We went out sledding at that temperature.

It was 18 degrees this morning when I was out running.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Signtist
Affiliation: Midwest

Post by Signtist »

-40, and that's the same in both civilized and bohemian scales of measure.
1 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Bootstrap wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:56 am It was 18 degrees this morning when I was out running.
How far did you run?

For nearly seven years, I rode bike to work. I had perfected layering... had all the hoods, base layers, etc. One morning I forgot how to read numbers and when I got work, I realized it was only 9 degrees. I rode in snow, storms (by accident)... typically after the new year I would stop and not ride again until maybe beginning of March. I enjoyed it, kept the doctor happy with my blood pressure and allowed me to tinker with stuff on my bike.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

steve-in-kville wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:29 pm
Bootstrap wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:56 am It was 18 degrees this morning when I was out running.
How far did you run?
Today is a short run - 2.5 miles. On Saturday, I am going to run 13.1 miles, also at 18 degrees Fahrenheit or so. So it was good to test drive the clothes I plan to wear.
steve-in-kville wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:29 pmFor nearly seven years, I rode bike to work. I had perfected layering... had all the hoods, base layers, etc. One morning I forgot how to read numbers and when I got work, I realized it was only 9 degrees. I rode in snow, storms (by accident)... typically after the new year I would stop and not ride again until maybe beginning of March. I enjoyed it, kept the doctor happy with my blood pressure and allowed me to tinker with stuff on my bike.
Yes - when I lived in Michigan, I did the same. And I have run in Montreal and Minnesota in the winter, at rather cold temperatures.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?