Coming to a city near me

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Coming to a city near me

Post by Valerie »

CLEVELAND AWAKEN
"To cleave” simultaneously means two opposite things: to split apart and to covenantally join together. In the very city of Moses Cleave-Land, we are believing for a great exodus from the church’s national captivity of small faith and small thinking. On July 22-23, Azusa Now Cleveland will bring fasting, prayer, worship, unity, miracles and the proclamation of the gospel to the great battleground state of Ohio.
From Cleveland we will dare to decree the hope of God visiting America in power once more. Salvations. Miracles. A united church. We are looking to set ourselves apart as a people of faith and cut away unbelief. In Ohio, we will cast the decisive vote for revival and Cleveland will become a wakening rod stretched forth to divide the sea and lead our nation into the promises of God. Does this sound too big to believe? If so, that is precisely why we must, in Cleveland, believe. Our small minds must be unshackled. The curse of unbelief must break in Cleveland. Across the state, across the surrounding region, we challenge the Ohio Valley to seize this moment in fasting and prayer.
Register to be a part of this FREE GATHERING.

Thoughts?
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Coming to a city near me

Post by Josh »

I'm wondering when Cleveland became part of the Ohio Valley...

It's interesting to announce you will be bringing miracles as well.
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Josh wrote:I'm wondering when Cleveland became part of the Ohio Valley...

Okay, so I watched the video- "Azusa" of course got my attention for obvious reasons- but then Bethel churches was mentioned in this video-
Who is familiar with Bethel Churches? (I am, and I will wait to hear what others know before saying anymore)
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

I have some friends and relatives at Bethel.
0 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Valerie wrote:

Okay, so I watched the video- "Azusa" of course got my attention for obvious reasons- but then Bethel churches was mentioned in this video-
Who is familiar with Bethel Churches? (I am, and I will wait to hear what others know before saying anymore)
A curious cocktail of over the top pentecostalism, a near obsession with demons and "spiritual warfare," heavily involved in the typical social causes of the "christian right" with a dash of pro-israel dominion theology just to make it interesting.

Part of the "New Apostolic Restoration." I have longtime friends in a church affiliated with "Global Legacy" their affiliate group. I would personally have serious problems with much of what they teach.

Josh, does your observation square with this?

J.M.
0 x
:hug:
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Judas Maccabeus wrote:
Valerie wrote:

A curious cocktail of over the top pentecostalism, a near obsession with demons and "spiritual warfare," heavily involved in the typical social causes of the "christian right" with a dash of pro-israel dominion theology just to make it interesting.

Part of the "New Apostolic Restoration." I have longtime friends in a church affiliated with "Global Legacy" their affiliate group. I would personally have serious problems with much of what they teach.

Josh, does your observation square with this?

J.M.
Well we have our strong concerns about this whole movement- we are wary of it and know that there are millions being swept up into this whole thing, and going global as missionaries.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

I could say a lot about Bethel. Overall I affirm what JM said. I'll try to post more when I figure out how to do so in a way that is both loving and truthful.
0 x
MattY
Affiliation: Beachy

Post by MattY »

Pretty much all I know is from this article:
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/201 ... hurch.html

I was able to read the whole thing a couple days ago, but now I'm blocked from all but a few paragraphs because I'm not a subscriber. I probably used up all my free views for the month or something, so if you haven't viewed Christianity Today for awhile, you should be able to read it.

I don't know...it's something, all right.
0 x
Almighty, most holy God
Faithful through the ages
Almighty, most holy Lord
Glorious, almighty God
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Saw a post by a member of MN- who seems discouraged with the lack of faith that was so prevalent in the times of the early Church- healings-etc-(miracles)
So others were chiming in- discouraged too, that what appears to be, teachings against this kind of faith- seems they are dissatisfied with the teachings and discouragement of their Anabaptist denominations and wondering why, they are taught against healings, miracles, etc being for today-

This article, regarding the man responsible for these "The Call" revivals going around America- well they may draw some that are hungering for that kind of power and faith which is seemingly lacking in today's average church-

I think that if this is true, reading this article- maybe should be considered because it is going to draw many, it is drawing many- and one needs to discern this:

http://www.politicalresearch.org/2013/0 ... 3RzXC.dpbs
0 x
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

Valerie wrote:Saw a post by a member of MN- who seems discouraged with the lack of faith that was so prevalent in the times of the early Church- healings-etc-(miracles)
So others were chiming in- discouraged too, that what appears to be, teachings against this kind of faith- seems they are dissatisfied with the teachings and discouragement of their Anabaptist denominations and wondering why, they are taught against healings, miracles, etc being for today-

This article, regarding the man responsible for these "The Call" revivals going around America- well they may draw some that are hungering for that kind of power and faith which is seemingly lacking in today's average church-

I think that if this is true, reading this article- maybe should be considered because it is going to draw many, it is drawing many- and one needs to discern this:

http://www.politicalresearch.org/2013/0 ... 3RzXC.dpbs
I wonder why the renewing of New Testament spiritual power is so often connected with right wing politics?
0 x